broken top motor mount

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awsomeaussie

Reaction score
i recently while sdjusting my valves noticed that my top motor mount was broken. i took it off and welded it back up with gussets but i dont know how much stronger it will be. is it common for these to break and does anyone make stronger motor mounts thanks

do you know how to heat treat them is it easy. i may just build a pair in metals.

Heat treating is not necesarily the answer. Although heat treating does make the metal stronger it also makes it more brittle (ie lowers its fatigue life). My motor mounts failed on my warrior too and it was definitely a fatigue failure. I know because I see them everyday with my job. Fatigue failures are usually the result of something else being loose, like other engine bolts or its a natural frequency issue.

I am almost 100% certain that yamaha would have found a natural frequency issue with these mounts if there was one. I can also tell you from experience that these mounts are so ridgidley held that there should be no natural frequency issue either.

In my case there was another engine mounting bolt missing which I am positive caused the failure. I bought new engine mounts and replaced the bolt that was missing. I suggest you check all of the other bolts. Make sure they are there and then make sure they are torqued down correctly. Torque is critical here. Don't just bear down on it with a ratchet. I used to think people were crazy when they told me that torquing was important. My current job has taught me that I was dead wrong.

Ive had the mounts break with all motor mount bolts torqued and in place... :-/ But as dave said check all your motor mount bolts because the warrior does like to rattle them loose...

k cool im waiting on a chain and stator cover gasket. so i have time to check things out

Latest posts

Back