i cant seem to get rear brake pressure.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awsomeaussie

Reaction score
after buying my warrior i noticed the brake fluid was pretty pungent, so i rode the piss out of it for a while and then while the bike was brolen down for so very long i decided to drain the fluid and put in the clean stuff. i tried doing it the way you just keep adding more to the top till its clear but i bumped the bike when i got mad and the fluid splashed and it sucked air, i got the fronts bleed and they work great but, the rears i cant seem to get any pressure and i cant get air bubbles to come out just fluid, thanks for any help. o yeah and my fronts are almost gone so im worried i wont have rear brakes if the fronts fail. sory bout the long post

well what is the right way to bleed them. i open the bleed valve, push the pedal, close the bleed valve, release the pedal. is this not the right way to bleed them. its really pissing me off.

yeah theres no pressure but if i push the pedal all the way down they squeal but they kinda stop whats this

My cousin's LT250R had a problem similar to this, and the rear brake system on that is pretty much identical to the warrior's system. When he had it in the shop the last time they had to use some kind of a vacuum thing to bleed the brakes because there was an air pocket in a location where pumping the pedal wouldn't flush it out

Last time I had to bleed my rear brakes it took 3 refills in the reservoir and about 15 minutes, don't know why but there great now! So if you havent gone through 3 fills of fluid then keep trying and be patient.

well im pretty sure ive been through about 3 fills but im not sure. i was going to keep trying it but, i was also going to see ifr my friends have one of them vaccum thingys. thanks

It is easier with 2 people:

1. Keep break master cylinder full at all times
2. pump pump pump pump pump (slowly and smoothly a bunch of times)
3. Have someone open the bleeder valve and as soon as he cracks it open push down on the pedal and hold it (squirt)! Then let him close the bleed valve before you let the break pedal back up again and begin to pump several times once more and repeat.

When you eventually build up pressure push down on the break pedal as far as it will travel and open the valve (squirt). Then hold the pedal down again until the bleeder is closed and repeat the multiple pumps. You can also use a check valve and some tubing to do this as well with out anyone or opening and closing the valve.

just get some tubing to fit over the open bleeder very tightly then put a check valve in the line. When you pump down the valve opens and allows fluid and air to escape and when break pedal comes back up the valve closes and doesnt allow air to get back into the system.

whats a check vlave look like. i think i knwo what your talking about but im not sure

They look different and have different methods of opening and closing. Some have a little steel ball, some have a plastic flap, and some have a rubber diaphragm - they come in many different sizes as well.

Back