Warrior CDI Box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkahuna

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a cdi box go bad? I have one that I suspect is going bad. My quad sputters at high end rpm's and the other day at the sand dunes, as I was running at top end for about 3-5 minutes, it just died. I was able to restart it and limp it back to the parking lot. After checking the valves, (thought I burnt one) every thing looked OK but now it just misses at high rpm's again. I've been told to replace the CDI box and the regulator at the same time so I don't burn the new CDI box out if I do have a bad regulator. Also, where is a good place to get a stock CDI box for a 89 warrior? The stock number is 3gd-85540-00-00? Prices I've found are around $300-$375 (ouch) Help!!!

Not go bad but I have bought defective ones that sputter on the top like the bike is hitting a rev limit. I spent 8 hours jetting the quad once with a bad one and I swapped the CDI out for shits and giggles and discovered it was the CDI and not the jetting :mad:...

The only thing I dont like about fleabay is that I might spend a hunk of money for a bad one especially if its an electrical component.

Understandable! I have had pretty good luck on ebay buying used parts. Hell half my quad was purchased on ebay..lol I'm a cheap ass and can't afford new parts! Only problem I ran into was I bought a Complete warrior transmission with 5 hours on it and the cocksucker sent only half of it to me. Paypal will get my money back for me, I have a good case against him.

The only thing I dont like about fleabay is that I might spend a hunk of money for a bad one especially if its an electrical component.

Yea but if you dont buy it "as is" and the seller states that it works and you paid through paypal or even a money order you can get your cash back.

Back