i dont know.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fessendenr

Reaction score
i just put my quad back together today and....i have an engine problem :mad:. I have no idea what is causing it but the best way to explain it is....when i start it up it sounds like the idle is set really high (but it isn't). It automatically revs really high w/o touching the throttle. Not to mention the header glows red (crazy hot). Oh well, i dont know...maybe you do, please help me out!

Throttle cable is stuck or not working right, i had the same problem, its only glowing red cause it not moving and revving high. Check the throttle cable.

Check to make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks anywhere. It will rev and the head pipe will glow red because it's lean. Check the carb boots to make sure they're on all the way and getting a good seal.

you guys are god damn genius', those were exact things wrong with it. the carb boots weren't on all the way and the throttle cable was stuck. wow thanks

Back