PISTON HELP!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilhaze

Reaction score
I have weisco pistons, 81mm 82.8mm and 83.5mm by 86mm high.
All are ment for rotax engines on ski doo's.
I wanted to know if i would be able to use them in my warrior after i bore it out.
im not really sure if the piston from a 2 stroke sled well work with a 4 stroke quad, i can't really see where theres a difference, but some pro info would be helpful!!

im pretty sure it wont work if the sled is a 2 stroke....4 strokes use different rings and more rings then 2 strokes.

yeah two stroke pistons wont work on thumpers. the tops are different i think.

Does Anybody on this site have a picture of their old piston they swapped out so i can compare, cause i litereally have 100 weisco pistons to choose from

You are going to have to get real lucky.

- The wrist pin diameter is going to have to be identical.
- The bore and tolerances are going to have to be indentical.
- The wiseco warrior piston has indentations for the valves so the piston doesn't slap them. Your piston will have to have enough clearance for the valves. No valves on a 2 stroke means no indentations and therfore the only 2 stroke pistons that will work will have to be very low compression.

IMO its not worth it. The real risk is damaging your valves... usually very pricey.

Here check out this pic of my wiseco 10.25:1 +1mm piston:

PC090012.jpg

Notice the "indentations" in the top of the piston. Without those you'd bend your valves. I just checked on my old stock piston and it has the same thing. That means in order to get a 2 stroke piston to work your compression ratio would have to be significantly lower than stock.

Latest posts

Back