RAPTOR 350 rejetting... i tried and it sucked

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05raptor350se

Reaction score
Ok so i read on many forums online that re-jetting the carb is easy... and i would have to agree that once i get to actually see the jets that it would be easy but heres my story... so i took off all the front plastic so i could take the gas tank off so that i could get to the carb... then i unbolted the intake boot from the motor and unclamped it from the airbox and had the carb somewhat out... but i cant figure out how to disconnect the throttle and choke cables???... so then i decide ill just try to take the botom cover off to get to the jets... well to make a long crappy story short all but one of the 4 bolts are stripped cause they were in there so damn tight... im pissed at this point... i dont know why they are on there so tight i mean i had all my weight into it pushing the carb down against the frame and still the little shits woudlnt budge... anyway how does anyone suggest i get them out ? and i already ordered new screws from the local dealer so now i just need to get them out and i should be good to go.

i thought this would be a walk in the park ? please help me out... how do i disconnect the cables and how do u suggest i get out the stripped screws ? ??? ???

thanks alot for any help i really need it ...damn screws!!!

Drill them out, maybe?!?!?! Might have to get it re-threaded though. I am sure there is a better way.

What were you using to take them out in the first place to strip them out?

well you have to take the whole carb out to do this but it works pretty well. un screw the little screws that hold the black thing on the side of the carb with the throttle cable coming into it. then get the whole carrb out. then grind the head of the srews of flush with the metal of the carb there cant be ANY head left on the screws, then pull the top half of the carb off and vise grip the threaded stuff out. before all this though try a good impact driver, not a cheap one from harbor freight or wal mart like a good one from craftsman or snap on or mac. hope all this helps

Next time put the screw driver in the screw and hammer on it a little bit to make sure it is in the screw good and tight. Hammering to hard SHOULDN'T harm anything but I would way-lay it. haha

Other then that I would try to use a drill with a low-torque setting, that will usually break them loose.

someone on bluetraxx suggested vice grips and i just got back from the garage and they did the trick... now i just need to go to the local hardware store and get some nice hex head bolts and loctite so this doesnt happen again

You aren’t alone id say more then 75% strip those shitty screws over time. To take the throttle cable off remove the side cover and remove the cable from the slide actuator.

Thank god i dont have to mess with those little shitty things anymore. But like the guys said vice grips will get tehm out, then replace them with soemthing better.

Ok so i read on many forums online that re-jetting the carb is easy... and i would have to agree that once i get to actually see the jets that it would be easy but heres my story... so i took off all the front plastic so i could take the gas tank off so that i could get to the carb... then i unbolted the intake boot from the motor and unclamped it from the airbox and had the carb somewhat out... but i cant figure out how to disconnect the throttle and choke cables???... so then i decide ill just try to take the botom cover off to get to the jets... well to make a long crappy story short all but one of the 4 bolts are stripped cause they were in there so damn tight... im pissed at this point... i dont know why they are on there so tight i mean i had all my weight into it pushing the carb down against the frame and still the little shits woudlnt budge... anyway how does anyone suggest i get them out ? and i already ordered new screws from the local dealer so now i just need to get them out and i should be good to go.

i thought this would be a walk in the park ? please help me out... how do i disconnect the cables and how do u suggest i get out the stripped screws ? ??? ???

thanks alot for any help i really need it ...damn screws!!!

ok wht i did to take the throttle cable and chokc cable is un hook them from the handle bars and put them out with the carb... the i had the same problem with striping out the screws so i took a dremil tool and made them a strait slot... then i got them out and went to a hard where store and got allen key screws.... if i were you i wouldnt put those screws from the dealer in unless the the allen key kind.....

yeah i went to the hardware store yesterday and bought staniless steel allen head bolts and they work like a charm and i also just got the piep and this this sounds and performs 100x better than the stock stuff

Back