Mx questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfm350raptor

Reaction score
Whats should come first for mx? Suspension,axle,or arms? Am i missing something? My dads actually getting more imvolved with me and is offering to buy something.
Can you run elkas on stock arms?

Also how do you go about getting sponsered?

Thanks

Lots of questions lol Best bet is to get your suspension done first since you already have a pipe and the basic motor mods your going to need to be able to put the power to the ground so suspension lets you make full use of the power you have.

Yes you can run Elka's on stock arms but I would wait and buy +2 or +3 arms and get the shocks at the same time because if you get your shocks valved for extended a-arms you will have in the future they will suck dick for the time being with stock a-arms. To get some easy width get offset rims and get your axle first I reccomend the G-Force its cheap and suprisingly strong then start saving for a-arms and shocks.

To get sponsored go ride a couple races and have someone video tape them and send copies to companies that you want to get sponsored by.

Thanks guys,What arms would you guys sugest, i was thinking wickeds since i hear alot of good things about them. And yes i need to buy some new tires soon and a tether killswitch

IM not sure about the width yet, is it better to get the +3 or +2 arms? Is it better to have the quad equal in the front and rear or what? Because the front would be 2 inches wider than the rear.Wouldnt it be really screwed up with the +5+1 that 53raptor05 had with a 4 inch wider axle? Also for elkas:piggyback or remote resevior....whats the pros and cons of each?

Sorry for the question im kinda new to the mx scene....Thanks

go with the wickeds plus 3", 53raptor350's quad is way too wide, you dont need that. Its perfectly fine for the front and rear widths to be a little different. In fact i prefer the front to be a little wider. piggyback or remote resevoir: completely up to you.

Latest posts

Back