87 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87war

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but im new to the atv game, i just got a 87 warrior and it needs some tlc nothing major i dont think. I just pulled the carb for some cleaningand to check things out, there are two vacuum ports on the back of the carb one with a hose and one without, i was wondering what they hook up to? also when running the idle sticks and revs real high and does not kick down?also when idleing it back fires from the carb? and finally if u hit the throttle it bogs and stalls. any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated

The back firing and stalling on use of the throttle is due to the quad being jetted to lean (at least as far as the back fires would indicate). How ever before you attempt to jet the quad it is important to make sure the motor is in good working order etc... (check timing and compression). The sticking could be because of a cable not routed correctly, bad cable, carb sticking, and a multitude of other things u really need to check that out.

haha that sounds just like my friends old warrior, he had an 87 that he sold, and the intake boot was broke, so it sucked in air and when it backfired the carburator would twitch, it was kinda funny...but yeah u didnt happen to get your quad from a kid named kevin did u?

Back