??some questions??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fessendenr

Reaction score
1. What exactly is a hot start lever? (found on some aftermarket clutch perches)
2. What would a Big Gun Rev Box do for my quad and what adjustments do I have to make to my quad to accomodate the rev box?

Hot starts are used on big bore thumpers with kick starts. When the engine is hot it's harder to start because the intake air charge is heat soaked. The hot start lever opens a valve on carb that is after the slide, letting in fresh air to help clean up the air/fuel mixture for faster starts.

With this said, some guys on z400central.com have been using the hot start lever to operate the reverse cable.

No, not the warrior reverse (did they change it on the raptor 350?). The Z/KFX is a remote mounted, cable operated reverse unit.

The revbox will change your spark curve, and ignition timing, it will also let you gain about 1000rpms over stock. With this said, the extra rpm's are useless unless you have the valvetrain to handle it, therefore you need stiffer valvesprings. Even without the valvesprings you would see an increase in power. Just the added rpm's wouldnt be used without floating a valve.

Back