making my own clamp on kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awsomeaussie

Reaction score
i know some people on here have made their own clamp on kit for their warriors. i was thinking about doing it also becuase its a rip off to pay 90 bucks for a peice of metal and a filter thats worth about 10 bucks. so can anyone tell me how to do it. i may have acces to a mill/ lathe so that may helpb thanks

I made mine using the stock filter cage lol didnt cost me anything, only 13 bucks for the filter. All you do is cut the metal part from the plastic, ill get some pictures up.

007_5A.jpg

006_4A.jpg

I made this by cutting the metal part from the plastic end peice that goes up against the airbox towards the front of the quad. If you notice the plastic is in the shape of a billet flange and it is more than stron enough to clamp a filter onto. After you cut the metal away just get 2 short screws and screw the peice into the airbox at the intake. But first make sure you put some kind of sealent on the plastic peice, such as a silicon or gasket maker so it seals. The filter inner diameter should be 2 3/4". My filter is a uni pod filter, 2 3/4" by 6" long, fits perfect. This works great and is just as good as a billet adapter.

so i have to buy a stock warrior air filter and chop off the metal peice and get a uni pod or k an n filter for it. that bloody wicked

I made mine out of steel. Buy a uni or whatever filter and get a 1/2" of tube milled to fit the inside nice...make sure a couple of tiny grooves around the cyl. to help the filter clamp on better.
I migged it onto a light gauge back I traced with the sponge piece that came with uni .To seal it up to the air box, I used 3 little bolts to fasten plate to airbox( critical hole placement nec. be careful)! I used silicone in final assembly too...
Be sure to plug small hole in back of filter if it is designed for stock warr.
You might have to trim off the stock tabs in airbox for fit.
Works good and cost nothing but time. An afternoon of fun. I had a couple beers at my buddys shop waiting for machined tube, and fixed up my ride before dark.

I have 3 months on it and love the confidence of more air and less worry about the crappy original filter. Works awsome.

Back