92' warrior trans HELP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmwarr92

Reaction score
MY 92 warrior trans. crapped out. Won't go into gear, and shift lever just keeps clicking. Occasionally it will go into first, and then pop right out after a few feet. I took the right side cover off and i could see the shaft turning. any help would be much apreciated.

did it go out over nite like did you wake up one morning and say holly **** my trans has crapped out or did you notice a steady decrease in your trannys performance. maybe jumping out of gear or that kind of thing. did it make any noises when it went out. or what. if you tell us that we may be able to help you

It actually did happen overnight. It was fine one day and the next day it was hard to go into gear. when it finally did go into gear it would only go into first, and then would pop out of gear after several feet. It was also hard to find neutral. now it does nothing!

hey! I figured it out myself. it seems that the keystock for the shift drum fell out. the tapered screw loosened up and the key slipped under the washer. i found the key in the drain pan after i emptied it out. used plenty of loctite on the screw after i replaced the key. i think i'll replace the clutch while im inside the case. wish me luck. thanks anyway.

Back