What is everyone running for an air filter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a K&N air filter for my Warrior and I was wondering what everyone is running for sizes?

I looked at the replacement one that they sell but it looks like it sucks b/c you have to keep the cover on. I am going to make up my own adapter so I want to know what flange size to use. So far I think I am going with 2.75". I found a cylindrical filter (# RU-1480) that is 2.75" ID on the flange, 4" OD and 7" tall. I think that should make a good filter. Got any suggestions?

DO NOT buy a stock slide in method filter!! Those things fall apart with in like the 5th cleaning - they SUCK and it's a huge waste of money (I learned the hard way)! The stock method also lets crap into the motor; it’s flawed! I would go and get the Pro Design K&N intake with Outerwears pre-filter; the filter is big in this kit and it’s a clamp on setup (allowing you to remove your lid fully). The outerwear makes the filter 50-70% more efficient and is also VERY water repellent.

Pro Design Clamp on K&N kit w/ Outerwear:

intake.jpg

Cool, thanks for the info. I just got done making my aluminum adapter on the lathe this afternoon. I need to order my K&N Filter and Crankcase vent filter soon. My setup will be nearly the same as the Pro Design, just a little cheaper :). I like making my own stuff anyway. I'll post pics as soon as I find a site to host them.

the only downfall to making your own is that (well unless you made it with it) it has a lil groove that fits a rubber 0-ring to seal it, and thats one thing i like alot... ;)

See my post in the picture section. I need to pick out an O ring and then I throw the adapter back in the lathe and put a goove in the back side. Its pretty darn easy to do.

If you dont want to go through all the trouble of making a groove and buying an o-ring, a little bit of silicone, will do the trick, it was what i used on mine when i made it. Also 2 3/4" is the correct size. For a filter i run a uni single stage( one layer of foam instead of 2) and it was 2 3/4 x 6" long.

Where did you get the unitstage filter from? And, how does it compare to the K&N?

hey deathshadow ,what is the part number for the k&n flange or the full kit # i asked the local parts dorks and i think im better off making my own thanks

The uni single stage filter can be bought anywhere, its jsut listed as a uni pod filter, but it needs plenty of oil to filter correctly. If you dont put enough oil in it there will be tons of dust getting in. Personaly i think i am going to switch to a k&n with an outerwheres, not because i like them, jsut because they are easy maintain because if i am correct you can most of the time just clean the outerwheres and the filter stays pretty clean.

since this is about filters already istead of make a new post ill add. any one seen the new cone filter out? its a synthetic filter looks jsut like a k an n but it doenst have to be oiled and is made by AEM its call Dryflow synthetic filter, claims it filters down to a micron.

Well I got a delivery from the brown van today.
70.78 from NOSS Machine. The gave me a 10% discount for being a member of BlueTraxx.
100_2165.jpg

I did not get a sticker with my adapter base as I made it myself, but after purchasing a Uni for $20 from Florida(I live in N. Canada), my total cost was $20.us + squirt of blue spraypaint.

:(

where does that hose come from???? lol i dont rember seeing a hose to my air box b4.. or is it just on worriors?

Back