Trail Tech HID

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
I mailed Trail Tech about there HID frame lights for the Raptor 350.
They asked me :Do the lights come on when you turn the key and the motor is not running. :-/
Because I don't have the bike yet I don't know.

My wife wants me to place these lights on the bike because I will be riding in traffic and Highways (at least what we call highways) after work (So Dark!!) She wants traffic to see me coming and I can't blame her. ;)

The reason they asked this is because they werent sure about what type of charging system you had. You are good to go with HID lights dont worry (you have a battery that is what you need).

DeathShadow,

Do you have a picture of the lights mounted.
The people from TrailTech told me I could place the frame mounted lights but can't run it together with my normal riding lights.

Is this true?

You can’t run them with your normal lights? lol who the hell are you talking to over there? You CAN run them with your normal lights but you will need a handlebar mounted switch (they sell them) and a little wiring/electric knowledge. If you needed it when you get the lights I can make a wiring diagram for you showing how you need to wire them. I had the frame mounted ones but I made custom brackets and mounted them off of the shock location (they will tell you that you can’t do this as well). If you visit "The Elite" section on the top of the board on the main page and go to my quad there is multiple pictures with the MR16 HIDs.

Thanks DeathShadow,
That is why I asked you guys, it seems you guys know more then the company that sells the products.

I'll take a look at your pics in the Elite section.

Thanks

Perhaps the company is just anal about demanding too much power from such a small battery.
Probably when you are driving on the "highway" you will be revving the bike enough to charge well, as opposed to idling and draing the bat reserve...
Just a though... I imagine if death and the other guys figure they are good enough to run together then go for it, mabey with your aux switch you can shut your HID off in traffic?or town..or just puttin....

Well that’s part of the irony you have MORE then enough power to run several sets of HIDs - they draw VERY little amperage (under 5 Amps – about 2.3 amps per lamp)... That is the benefit of HID technology - significantly less wattage/amperage use then Halogen and 3-4x brighter! You could probably run two sets of HIDs (4 lamps) and the factory lights and still have enough power to run everything! Even at idle the bike is generating enough charging power not to deplete the battery; if the bikes off you could run these HIDs for hours before the battery was dead...

Back