Dura Blue Axle Problem!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrock

Reaction score
I must have gotten a defective axle. I get the thing pushed all the way in through the left side like the directions say. Then the posilock doesn't go on far enough for the circlip to fall into the groove. It is as if the groove was cut in the wrong place. Any one else had this problem? I am ready to chuck the thing in the trash!! :mad:

Wait what? You need to use lock-ring pliers to put those lock rings in their grooves. The posilock tightens down and is held in place by an allen key and some locktite. It's hard to describe exactly what you need to do id contact durablue if you can’t figure it out.

I had this problem with my Durablue for my Raptor 350. The axle nut doesn't move back far enough to get the clip on. After 4 hours or so of messiing with it I took the threaded coler to work and took a little over a 1/4 inch off of it to get the thing to fit. I know you shouldn't do this and just send it back but I am tiredof companies making things that dont fit and decided to fix it my self. I do recommend sending it back though or try calling them to see if this has happened to any one else.

Thanks for the reply guys. Lonnie1977, it looks like you know exactly what problem I am having. I e-mailed dura blue and am waiting on their response. Either the groove should have been cut a little further out, the spacer cut thinner, or the posilock cut thinner. Dura blue really screwed this one up! If I don't get a reply tomorrow I am going to call them. Thing is, I am in Japan and ordered this axle through RMATV. It would suck to have to ship it back.

Thanks for the reply guys. Lonnie1977, it looks like you know exactly what problem I am having. I e-mailed dura blue and am waiting on their response. Either the groove should have been cut a little further out, the spacer cut thinner, or the posilock cut thinner. Dura blue really screwed this one up! If I don't get a reply tomorrow I am going to call them. Thing is, I am in Japan and ordered this axle through RMATV. It would suck to have to ship it back.

Japan! Now THAT would suck....

I had the same problem when i was installing mine. I couldn't figure it out. I called up durablue and they had no idea. I ended up shaving a little off my sprocket hub. My axle goes in from the right on the brake rotor side. Why is that durablue puts the stickers on upside down. Every warrior that I have seen is in from the right and sticker on upside down. My brothers 400ex durablue sticker is even upside down. ::) Pure stupidity.

Back