Is the rear shock on a 87 warrior rebuildable?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
Ok so I killed the rear shock and the engine on my quad last weekend! :-[ Oh well. I looked on yamaha's website and it seems like I can order individual parts for the shock so I am guessing that it is. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Thanks a ton,
Dave

If it has a remote rezzie and compression adjustment the little screw above the lower eye yes its rebuildable id send it to works and have them do a heart transplant for 250 bucks not a bad deal if ya ask me.

I checked this morning and that is definitly what I have. Do you know of any sites where I can get info on how to do this? I did a few searches and haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Dave

I really do not reccomend doing it yourself thats why I advised going to works. There website is www.worksperformance.com. Find their number on the site and give them a call they rebuild and make the shock to works specs so basically you get a works shock for 250 bucks + shipping. I talked quite a bit with a builder from works and he said the Warrior rear shock is perfect for rebuilding since it has a steel body it dissipates the heat better then the new aluminum bodied shocks and it will last much longer as compared to a rebuilt aluminum bodied shock.

Ah hell I got the number for you too

(818) 701-1010

I got my pro-series shocks through these guys and they work pretty damn good after I dialed them in id fully reccomend them there is a turn around time though expect a couple weeks at the least.

Thanks a ton for the info. I will definitly give them a call. I figure I should put my engine back together first :) I better stick to one thing at a time otherwise I will forget how to put it all back together.

Back