Fire in the hole

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
Tonight my cousin was riding my warrior, and as I was watching sometimes a blue flame would shoot out of the exhaust after he let off the throttle. It will also shut off if I try to give it more than 1/4 throttle from idle. Are the flames normal, or am I looking at a jetting issue or something like that?

Sounds like it lean, on the needle, or maybe the main. If you didnt adjust any of the jets since you got a pipe and stuff you better do it soon. Its only hurting the motor.

Ok i'll take it into the shop this week before I ride it again. Could that be why it seems to be running hot? On a hot day after riding awhile it seems to get pretty damn hot and I can feel the clutch slip a little bit. I never bothered getting it jetted because HMF claims that the slip on doesn't require jetting. If I already messed something up with the motor how would I know it? I've been running it with the jetting the way it is for at least 6 months now and it still seems ok. Thanks a lot for all the help

Ok i'll take it into the shop this week before I ride it again. Could that be why it seems to be running hot? On a hot day after riding awhile it seems to get pretty damn hot and I can feel the clutch slip a little bit. I never bothered getting it jetted because HMF claims that the slip on doesn't require jetting. If I already messed something up with the motor how would I know it? I've been running it with the jetting the way it is for at least 6 months now and it still seems ok. Thanks a lot for all the help

o man yea your runnin lean... u have to jet, you will get alot better performance also. You prolly havent messed anything up but get that thing jetted before u mess sumthing up and it is the reason it is running real hot.

ya hmf alos told me that you dont need to jet.. but thats a load of ****.... deff get jets i was told just to try 2 jet sizes bigger and did that it didnt work for me so i bought the whole jet kit... 2 sizes bigger on the main might work for you but i didnt work for me..

why the hell do you have such a large jet in it? you have to be running rich... Or do you have a big bore kit or something?

haha a 140 wtf i run a 136 in the summer in hot weather and i thought that was high ::)

k im confused how come in a raptor the stock main jet is 142.5 and death you say that 140 is high.. and i also bought the dyno jet kit and the higest is a 140... is there a diffrence in sizes in diffrent brands of jets?? cuz wouldnt you be going to a smaller jet rather than a bigger jet?

k welll on this list tht you put here it has the minuki jets and the dyno jets and in order to match the minuki jets you have to have a bigger dyno size jet?? I.E.
a 140 mikuni eguals a 149.3 dynojet wouldnt that mean the mikuni jets are bigger cuz in order to match it you would have to get a bigger dino jet?

and yes death i know bigger jet =more fuel

dude i really got confused on what ya just tried to tell me im just sayin that the dyno jets run in bigger sizes

lol well on the list that you sent me it has minuki/dyno the minuki will be a number 140 and they dyno next to it will be a jet size 149.3 so to have the same size minuki jet you would have to have a bigger dyno jet right ?? or do they measure the jets diffrent???

Today I finally got my warrior back from the shop after it was rejetted and it runs worse than when I took it in. It's alright when i'm running less than 1/4 throttle and more than 3/4 throttle, but in the middle it sputters and throws a fit. By the time I got it home to test ride it the repair shop was already closed and I gotta wait until tuesday to call and raise hell with them. How the hell could someone spend 3 hours just on jetting and checking the valves and not get it right?

ha you guys think a 140 is big im runnig a frickin 195 and its still alittle lean like i like it

ha you guys think a 140 is big im runnig a frickin 195 and its still alittle lean like i like it

a 140 for dyno jets ;) and why in the hell you you e using a 190 for .... wht mods do you have?

Back