piston???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
k i have about $200 to spend on my quad.. i was thinking a high comp piston.. so i have some questions
1) where to get it
2) how much
3) wht will it do performance wise
4) will i need to rejet?
5) should i get this or wht else could i do performance wise to my quad other than piston

i plan on racing and i want my quad to at least keep up with some of the 400s for racing... and i all ready have a renthal 12tooth front sproket, hmf slip on, nerfs and bumper,

yeah compression can make you a lot of power, but the highest comp piston i've seen for warriors is 10.25:1, and a cam will make you more power than that

well how much are .430 cams and springs?? and where can i find them??
and will i need to buy a jet kit for either the piston or cams?

warriors can have - 10:1, 10.2:1, 10.5:1, 10.7:1, 11:1, 11.5:1, 12:1, 13:1... Those are the ones I have seen.

do i have to bore with n/e of those?? ive heard that you do not want to bore the 350 engine ? but if the dealer does it and fucks it up wouldnt it be there fault?

I have my motor bored .80 over to 365ccs no problems yet... lol the issue with boring is that your taking metal away from the sleeve and this metal acts as a type of heatsink to help extract heat from the motor. So when you have less metal it heats up quicker and takes more to get rid of this heat; this applies to all bikes. I run the oil cooler setup and this helps A LOT with the extra heat existing with such a big "over-bore". Then you have your "Big Bore" kit - you machine the jug itself and slap in a bigger sleeve. This allows you to have a thicker sleeve for heat extraction inside the stock jug. I have had no problems with over bores though I don’t know why your dealer is saying that. I think they see the “air-cooled” motor and they are automatically against over-bores. The warrior motor how ever is a very meaty motor – there is lots of extra metal in it to extract heat.

I have my motor bored .80 over to 365ccs no problems yet... lol the issue with boring is that your taking metal away from the sleeve and this metal acts as a type of heatsink to help extract heat from the motor. So when you have less metal it heats up quicker and takes more to get rid of this heat; this applies to all bikes. I run the oil cooler setup and this helps A LOT with the extra heat existing with such a big "over-bore". Then you have your "Big Bore" kit - you machine the jug itself and slap in a bigger sleeve. This allows you to have a thicker sleeve for heat extraction inside the stock jug. I have had no problems with over bores though I don’t know why your dealer is saying that. I think they see the “air-cooled” motor and they are automatically against over-bores. The warrior motor how ever is a very meaty motor – there is lots of extra metal in it to extract heat.
i havent talked to the dealer i was tlkin to reggie and he said that its a very bad idea and hes agianst it so i thought i would ask some of you guyx to see wht you say...

but i dont think im gonna get the piston or cam... im gonna save for a yfz 450....

[quote:ypb94wk3]I have my motor bored .80 over to 365ccs no problems yet... lol the issue with boring is that your taking metal away from the sleeve and this metal acts as a type of heatsink to help extract heat from the motor. So when you have less metal it heats up quicker and takes more to get rid of this heat; this applies to all bikes. I run the oil cooler setup and this helps A LOT with the extra heat existing with such a big "over-bore". Then you have your "Big Bore" kit - you machine the jug itself and slap in a bigger sleeve. This allows you to have a thicker sleeve for heat extraction inside the stock jug. I have had no problems with over bores though I don’t know why your dealer is saying that. I think they see the “air-cooled” motor and they are automatically against over-bores. The warrior motor how ever is a very meaty motor – there is lots of extra metal in it to extract heat.
i havent talked to the dealer i was tlkin to reggie and he said that its a very bad idea and hes agianst it so i thought i would ask some of you guyx to see wht you say... [/quote:ypb94wk3]

Dont listen to ******* reggie.... lol

hey deathshadow where can you find a 11:1 or a 11.5:1 for the raptor\warrior????????

dennis only has weisco which are 10.25:1 (actually they are 9.75:1)and a prox piston (dont know the comp on that one)....powroll only had a 10.5:1 for a standard stroke and i cant find fst website any other web sites that have a 11:1 or 11.5:1 piston deathshadow????

Id contact powroll or FST (links are on the main page in the forum under "links") I know the high comp pistons up to 13:1 can be purchased.

Back