660 shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
does n/e body know if raptor 660 stock shocks will fit on my rappy 350... i want better shock for when i start racing but i dont want to spent a fortune on shocks just for my rappy 350

i take it that nobody knows... reggie sugested it to me and said that i would work... just wanted to see wht n/e one else thinks

well i was worried about them being to long for my stock A-arms and wont be able to bolt up

I think that the 660 shocks are a couple inches longer than the 350 shocks, but they will fit. It will sit higher in the front end, and probably ride a little rough. A 2 inch lowering kit for the front end should put it back down to the stock height I think, but i'm not 100% sure

The problem is not that they wont bolt up, the problem is the added stress on the balljoints. The rappy 350 arms may be diffrent than the warrior but i was going to purchase rappy fronts for my warrior but found that they were to long and when you jump the ball joints fully come in and hit, now if the front end was never coming off the ground it would be fine. Its your call, they will fit, and they will be better, but you could be looking at an early balljoint replacement, or rather a whole a arm replacement because the damn balljoints are non-removable.

The 660 shocks are 3/4 inch longer, that's it. I've had mine off both of the machines, and measured them. I say go for, that little bit of length isn't gonna matter much. And the balljoint argument is win/lose type of thing. One guy says they work fine without weakening them, while another says they'll break almost instantly. The only thing I can think would be this analogy: YFZ fronts on a 660. The difference is length is about 1.5 inches, yet you don't hear them arguing about balljoint failures. As soon as I get my hands on some YFZ fronts, my 660 shocks are going on the Warrior, no doubt about it.

Back