Rear Hub Shimmy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Hey guys, my rear hubs have play in them, maybe 1/8" or more! I bought the quad used and it has a lonestar axle which looks in pretty good shape, the hubs look fine aswell, little rust. Could it be that the hubs don't fit the axle properly because they are not proper ones or because they are just getting worn? They don't look worn but what do I know ;D
Thanks

What kind of play? Do you mean out and in like towards the wheel and towards the axle or back and forth towards the front and rear of the quad?

if its in and out then the guy before you, or maybe you didnt put on the washers that go on the axle after you put the hubs on, you know the one in between the hubs and the bolt

there pretty big, those might of been left out, but eather way i would get somthing in there and get it fixed before any ridin, if there wobling then that is gonna couz weardown on the splines, not to good.....

It wobbles front and back! I have access to a 400 Kodiak, suzuki 160 and a 400ex, If I was to take a hub off one of these would it fit properly on my axle or are they all different? That way I could see if it's the hub or axle!
Thanks

Yea your splines are beat then on the hub; time for new ones from the dealer or used ones off ebay. I am not sure about the ones off the other quads.

I guess I should buy new ones? Probably run a chance of having the same problem of buying used ones off ebay! Thanks

Back