Help Problem with Raptor 350!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daviscomp20

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my raptor 350 put away for a about 4 - 5 months and I just took it out a couple weeks ago to start to ride it again. It started up pretty fast, but I notice some problems when I started to ride it.

First, when I'm in lower gears, the engine seems to sputter (almost sounds like it's going to backfire ) and cuts out really quickly. Basically just stalls.

I first thought it was my air filter, so I washed it out and re-oiled it...still the problem persists..

Now in addition to the cutting out....it makes a knocking sound every now and then..

Any idea what I could check for???

Thanks in advance.

Yea id change the gas in the tank and see if it makes a difference (bleed the old gas out of the bowl and let new gas run through before you crank it as well) - gasoline doesn't have a very long shelf life and bad gas will make the motor run irregular, idle awful, or just stall and not start again. Also if you had it jetted for the winter or added mods while it sat and never road it your jetting could be WAY off and causing a problem as well. Also if you still have problems after this I would take the carb off and check it all out... Some Critters are known to crawl up in there and make a home when bikes sit for a long time in storage.

Back