Changing the axle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkcstr

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here and I have a question. My axle's bent and I have a replacement, but I can't seem to get the darn thing out of the carrier. I've whacked it pretty good with a sledge at the end (not directly to the axle), but it doesn't budge. Any suggestions?

eat steak and eggs for a couple weeks, bench and curl a bunch, and then try it again!!! It'll come out eventually, just keep hitting it. Hit it with a metal sledge if you have been using a rubber mallet. ;D

haha, I figured it would just come down to hitting it some more. I've been using a metal sledge, and I did smack it pretty good quite a few times, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. It is an 87, so it's had plenty of time to seize up in there, I just hope it gives way soon. I want to ride my quad past 4th gear without being shaken to death!

Well, don't have a hydraulic press, so can't use one. I could take it to a shop that has one, but that would defeat the purpose of doing it myself ;) Plus, they'd probably charge me for it.

soak it a few times with a shitton of wd40, that'll make the rusted bearings break free. You'll want to let it soak for a day at least.

If the axle is bent **** protecting it! Just have someone sit on the ground and hold the bike in place with there feet. Then have him pull while you slam the ******* **** out of it on the otherside with a sledge.... she will pop out.

Latest posts

Back