Wiring problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a used 98 warrior, the guy had it all rigged up differently,no handlebar switch,no key switch. Well I bought both of those switches and are plugged in but I've become stuck at the starter relay. Close to the relay there is a plug with blue/white and red/white wires, and on the relay there are to pins to plug something into. I'm thinking that it could be those wires I just mentioned. Is there anyone that could take a look at their warrior's starter relay and find the plug I'm talking bout and see if it in fact goes to the relay and to both pins on the relay.There are two nuts on the relay that goto the battery and the starter so to be clear its the other 2 pins.
Thanks a bunch guys:)

Ok so I have figured out the wiring for the starter relay!NOW the neutral relay is buzzzzzzing and quad won't start?? I'm not sure if it's needed but I don't have the stock clutch so there are no wires running from it, would that cause it not to start with the stock wiring harness?
Thanks

Anyone?? Will it not start without the clutch cable hookup on a stock wiring harness?
Thanks

Thanks. I was hoping someone might be able to disconnect there clutch wire to verify if it in fact won't start with the stock wiring harness. I know thats asking alot, but maybe someone has theres half torn apart like me and could give it a shot! I have a manual on the way, should be here by friday.
Thanks

if you are using a clutch perch without a sensor on it, then the wires that went to the switch on the factory perch need to be shorted together for the quad to start.

Thanks for all the help guys, you all were helpful... Bike is in pieces but I connected all the wiring and it's cranks.
Thanks Again

Latest posts

Back