**What size chain**

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
what size chain would run with a 12/36 gearing?? and what do u think about x ring chains?? are they worth the extra money?? thanx guys

nuthin???... i kinnda need an answer cause im gettin a new chain and sprocket very soon but dont know if the chain size will work so guys please help me out ::)

buy the 520 oring. get 110 links plus connector. cut chain to proper length, once sprockets are installed. that would be foolproof.

you do have stock swingarm?

i have the stock swinger on it... i have a 12/38 on there now and was wondering if i do a 12/38 gearing if a 520x98 chain would work??

you mean 12/38 now
and going to 12/36?

I think that would work...how much adjustment is left?
you might need to cut your chain down a link...

BTW..A new set of sprockets should have a new chain....you will wear your new sprockets premature.Keep old one for spare...

you mean 12/38 now
and going to 12/36?

I think that would work...how much adjustment is left?
you might need to cut your chain down a link...

BTW..A new set of sprockets should have a new chain....you will wear your new sprockets premature.Keep old one for spare...

yea i mean goin to a 12/36 there is enough adjustment left i think it would be able to compinsate for the teeth...and thats y im gettin a new chain... how do ya cut the chain down??

side grind 2 pin ends off one link more than nec. grinding pins even with side plates and then punching out the pins with small punch and hammer.

adjust your free play all the way in before measuring your chain, start at the tightest cause you will need all that adjustment for when the chain stretches out.

Back