Question 4 ya death.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid

Reaction score
Ok, i was looking at my quad, just lookin, and i noticed that there is alot of oil on the back of the engine, and i dont know what is going on. it has beed like this since i got it, then when i chaged the oil, it got worse, or it looked like i. Do u think there is a crack, and i can post pics if u need me to.

ur shitin me....do u want me to get a pic of it so u know where im talkin about?

Reggie019.jpg

This one, i used my finger to look at the seem, so thats why there isnt any oil on that spot, but i did that like a month ago, and there still isnt any oitl on it.weird...

Reggie020.jpg

Where is the vent hole? Is that the thing that has the rubber hose attached to it, and it goes up by the air filter kinda?

This may be a dumb question but is it coming out your crank case vent hole?

VERY GOOD THOUGH, my tractors crankcase vent does that a lot, and i got worried till the tube popped out and sprayed oil all over my chest one day. Idk about quads, but thats a real good thing to check if theres oil on ur motor.

do u think thats it, cuz i know i did over fill it, but i ran is withouth the dipstick, to get the extra oil out, and none came out. My dad told me to do that, and he said it works, but he works on cars so its prolly different.

It may not be oil, do the following test:

First clean the whole case with a strong degreaser such as crc, simple green, ect. while avoiding the chain.

Run the engine for a while without driving the quad around, and rev it up a bit to increase the oil pressure.

I am willing to bet that it's actually broken down lithium grease from the linkage pivot right there, it tends to mix with the fling from the chain and run all over the place from washing the quad and riding through water

If oil is actually leaking you'll see from where on a sparkling clean case!!!

Latest posts

Back