tierod end ball joint thingies

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearnofish06860

Reaction score
ok, i was takin off the steering stem, and all went well untill i got to the tierod ends that connected to the steering stem, i took off the bolts that hold those ball joints(i think) to the steering stem, and now i cant get the tierod and joint to come off, what do i have to do to get em off ??? ???

theyre tapered so that they suck up in there and stay tight. take a hammer and give a good solid, semi-hard hit to the end (the one sticking up with threads on it). They will pop right out.
;D

DO NOT use a hammer, that'll fould the threads up eventually. Buy a ball joint seperator from a auto store, they are cheap and look like a tapered tuning fork. They will seperate them with a small tap!!! ;D

DO NOT use a hammer, that'll fould the threads up eventually. Buy a ball joint seperator from a auto store, they are cheap and look like a tapered tuning fork. They will seperate them with a small tap!!! ;D

oooo smart man, i forgot about my separator, but one tap with my hammer on all four ends, and they were out.

Rubber mallet also = bad news. I bent a tie rod end slightly beating on it with a rubber mallet before buying the seperator. If I only knew how convenient they were back then... :eek: Don't even attempt to seperate them without that tool, it's cheap and makes it soooo much easier. ;D

Back