warrior valve noise???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid

Reaction score
Is it normal for for these motors to make a lil noise i think coming from the valves?Or do i need to adjust them?

umm well i adjusted mine and they still make alittle noise, i thinks its normal, but there ez to adjust so u might wanna check them just to be shure

mine make a little noise also but i think its pretty normal for these motors to make valve-train noise. Im gonna adjust mine as soon as i get around too it, prolly soon just to be shure... alos how loud is the nosie when they need to be adjustment??

I noticed that it looks a little cramped to get into there to adjust them, is there enough room?And what is the clearence or whatever u call it for the valves?

Valve clearence, thats what i meant lol, but thanx, im gonna go adjust them now. lol

tell me how it goes and how u did it after your done i kinnda wanna do it myself but i dont wanna **** it up...

i cant get to the valve that is closest to the carb, and i think that is the one that i need to adjust, but the valve closest to the front of the engine i looked at , and it was fine.

i cant get to the valve that is closest to the carb, and i think that is the one that i need to adjust, but the valve closest to the front of the engine i looked at , and it was fine.
how did u do that??

[quote:993xmf3j]some of the noise might just be the timing chain.....
does that need to be adjusted or is it self adjusting??[/quote:993xmf3j]
adjusts itself....

[quote:coy9hoxn]i cant get to the valve that is closest to the carb, and i think that is the one that i need to adjust, but the valve closest to the front of the engine i looked at , and it was fine.
how did u do that??
[/quote:coy9hoxn]

How did i do what?

Strange, I always thought the exhaust one was the most pain in the ass to do. (frontmost one). I found the intake one to need the most adjusting so far though, get it done pronto, it'll rob you of a fair amount of h.p.

[quote:l9ljq3rw]
how did u do that??

How did i do what?[/quote:l9ljq3rw]
like after u got the cover thing off what do u do to take the measurements of your clearence??

oh, u need a tool called a feeler guage. It is like a thing that has a whole bunch of really thin pieces of metal, then u put the one that is the right size for each valve clearance: intake .006-.008, exhaust .004-.006. But ya, u just put the feeler guage between the valve spring and rocker arm. Correct me if im wrong Death :)

On a warrior you just remove the fuel tank and the plastic piece on it and your in business, I'd imagine the rap is the same.

damn dude, that sounds like alot of work. Where are all the bolts for the gas tank?

i just did mine today on my rappy you have to take the front plastics and the gas tank... the the intake and the exaust are a 5mm allen head... and im think its usual for the motor to make the noise cuz mine makes it so i go in there and check my valves and there where fine so i didnt have to adjust them at all.. i think its just a loud motor

Back