Warrior Questions for a Newbie....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueoval

Reaction score
I haven't owned a ATV in a while and I am wanting to get back into one. I have already decided that I want to pick up an older one that needs some TLC that I can do a rebuild on and build it the way that I want and make it unique.

With that said I have a few questions:

1. What year of the warrior did the two round lights start in? Like this one: Link

2. I know that there are a lot of aftermarket products for the warriors but how hard is it to redo one from the ground up? (Keep in mind I am very mechanically inclined)

3. Is there any year range that you would recommend?

4. I want to put a set of these plastics on the one that I build up but I don't know who makes them. Can someone help me identify them? Link

5. Is there any thing I should know about when I have some work done on rebuilding the motor?

Also if there is anything else that you guys think I should know please let me know.

Thanks,

Lee

#2 There are a TON of used and new parts on eBay for the warrior (constantly over 1,100 +) and OEM/Aftermarket are very readily available as well. The motor itself I find easy to work on and very reliable. I would go and check out the "links" section for a mass list of pages where you can get everything from security systems for the quad to stroker kits.

#3 I would get between the years 1997 - 2001 solely because this is the ONLY years that allow you to use the kick ass Dynatek CDI.

#4 I believe Maier makes those plastics - http://www.maier-mfg.com/

Many of us on this site have torn the warrior down to the frame and have been through it all as well as tackled many custom projects (the oil cooler project, airbox project, HID project, direct mount shifter project, etc..,); don’t be shy to ask to many questions we are all happy to answer them.

- Doug

Im not sure on the year but I think it was like 91 or 92 they switched but im most likely wrong.

The warrior motor is stone cold simple really for best gains on rebuilding get a 10:5 piston so you can run regular gas and a .430 cam with the springs retainers an all that crap.

And as Doug said alot of us have taken our Warrior right down to the bare frame (3 times for me ;D) so if you need any help at all hit me up on a PM or AIM (Iamtheboner35)

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all of the great advice. When I find a deal on one I will post pics before the teardown and then a step by step of the buildup. Since I will probably tear everything down and start from the ground up I will probably be powdercoating the frame as well as some other pieces for durability and also because it looks sweet! ;)

I've toasted a frame also, and the rebuilds are fairly simple. As for all the questions I would strongly agree with everyone else. ;D

Back