gas?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
what octane do you guys normally run in ur quads and does it make a diffrence if you buyl ike 86 and add octane boost?

The octane you run depends on the compression of your motor, heat, and many other conditions. The higher the octane the MORE it RESISTS combustion; you should not be running high octane fuel with a stock warrior/raptor motor or carbon deposits shall be your friend. When you have a compression ratio on the warrior/raptor around 10.5:1 - 11:1 you should be running 93 octane or higher.

so can i run like 91 in my motor or is that to much? or should i just keep using wht ive been using?

basically the higher the octane the slower the gas burns so a higher octane will not be ignited by the compression. So if you run too high an octane with std compression you may have some unburnt fuels and carbon build up your better off running the lowest octane and if it runs good leave it at that if you get misfiring and pre-ignition then your going to need to try a higher octane.

ok cuz when i got my quad it came with 91 and i ran that for a while then just went to like 86 ir wht ever it is

I run 92+ in my warrior but i also have a higher compression wiseco (10.25:1). When it was stock i ran 92+ in it also, it always ran the same no matter what i put in it so i ran the higher octane figuring that it burned cleaner. 87 should be fine for a stock warrior but i would run 89 just for the heck of it.

You actually degrade performance by using higher octane fuel then you need; this also causes mucho' carbon build up in the motor and degrades it further. Also with the price of gasoline today there is no need for the extra money spent on gas for your quad when you shouldn’t be running high octane fuel with a stock compression ratio anyway... The sole purpose of high octane fuel is to resist combustion/burn slower - this is NOT GOOD for your stock motor when it DOES NOT need it to run right, it does not benefit it. You are wasting money, inducing carbon build up, & degrading your motor performance by using high octane fuel in unneeded applications.

10.2:1 it wouldnt be abnormal for you to be running around 93 Octane; you really need to go with how the motor responds to it when dealing with high comp pistons. I know running 10.5, 10.7, & 11:1 the warrior motor demands 93 and 10.2 isnt to far off...

I know one sign of too high of octane is a quick 'flare up' in the exhaust if you come to a stop and shut the motor down. I know for sure I wasn't rich, it would only do it when I ran premium. It can be a good idea to run a small amount of premium after winter to clean out the carb, ect., but besides that always run regular with a stocker piston.

ok cuz when i got my quad it came with 91 and i ran that for a while then just went to like 86 ir wht ever it is
same thing i did... its not a big deal tho wont kill it ;D

[quote:eek:lel7c95] ok cuz when i got my quad it came with 91 and i ran that for a while then just went to like 86 ir wht ever it is
same thing i did... its not a big deal tho wont kill it ;D[/quote:eek:lel7c95]

well over time with such high octane fuel you will get a **** load of carbon deposit and on the contrary it will

I thought if u ran race cgas (110oct.) it would burn really hot, and maybe hurt the motor. is that true?

no it wont completely burn, leaving a lot of carbon and raw fuel vapors

Back