What Carb For All Stock Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkahuna

Reaction score
I have a 89 warrior that is all stock except for the new .020 over piston and rings. What carb would you use? I dont plan to add any more pipes or air box mods. I just want something better than the stock carb that i've been having problems with lately.

Guessing,waiting for input.... If you don't want to rebuild the old one,check out some recent threads......Edelbrock/jets
With the raptor vs warr. improvments ,stock carb and pipe were redesigned for more flow, and correct me if I'm wrong but it's a larger throttle body(rappy carb).
Since the motor is still the same(87-05) why wouldn't the new ,larger carb be a good easy trade.

I would go with something that doesn't utilize the "butterflies" in the carburetor (like the stock does); those valves really create lots of air turbulence and are no good. I think buying a Raptor 350 carb is a waste of money and time you can get much better...

I would go with a round slide carb (Keihin makes a good one for the warrior they are VERY easy to take apart and because of this jetting is much less of a pain in the ass) - they run about $230.00. Or if you have the extra cash to spend ($390.00) I would 100% reccomend the Edelbrock Qwiksilver carburetor. The Edelbrock design flows much more freely then almost any other carburetor, has a flat slide, a diesel accelerator pump for instant throttle response, NO JETTING ever again, has a compressed fuel cell/anti-slosh plate in the bowl for constant fuel delivery all the time, NO choke, Easy to take apart, and gives you an awesome 4 HP increase, and much more - the advantages are superior.

I have owned both the Keihin round slide and I currently own the Edelbrock; I would never trade my Edelbrock away for anything...

Here is the review on the Edelbrock:

http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=reviews&action=display&thread=1109532460&start=

Thanks guy! I do like your review of the edelbrock but I did'nt know if it might be too much carb for so little mods! I think I will give it a try.

I will also say that I have owned this quad for 14 years and it has given me 14 years of dependable service. I have beat this quad, rode it hard, put it away wet, rolled it, fliped it, kicked it, and loved it! (like my woman!)I owe it to this quad to put an edelbrock on it.

The edelbrock is designed to run with just a pipe and filter kit originally, but will handle anything you do to it. Oh yeah, you forgot it's nickel plated so it'll never oxidize on the surface Death, you suck! ;) ;D

I would go with something that doesn't utilize the "butterflies" in the carburetor (like the stock does); those valves really create lots of air turbulence and are no good. I think buying a Raptor 350 carb is a waste of money and time you can get much better...

I would go with a round slide carb (Keihin makes a good one for the warrior they are VERY easy to take apart and because of this jetting is much less of a pain in the ass) - they run about $230.00. Or if you have the extra cash to spend ($390.00) I would 100% reccomend the Edelbrock Qwiksilver carburetor. The Edelbrock design flows much more freely then almost any other carburetor, has a flat slide, a diesel accelerator pump for instant throttle response, NO JETTING ever again, has a compressed fuel cell/anti-slosh plate in the bowl for constant fuel delivery all the time, NO choke, Easy to take apart, and gives you an awesome 4 HP increase, and much more - the advantages are superior.

I have owned both the Keihin round slide and I currently own the Edelbrock; I would never trade my Edelbrock away for anything...

Here is the review on the Edelbrock:

http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=reviews&action=display&thread=1109532460&start=
no Jetting at all!! so u just get the carb slap it on and never have to worry about jetting the bike.... not even with a aftermarket pipe and airbox mods?? that sounds sick!!

That is correct my friend - you just turn a dial to make the mixture more rich or turn it the other way to make it more lean ;D!

The edelbrock is designed to run with just a pipe and filter kit originally, but will handle anything you do to it. Oh yeah, you forgot it's nickel plated so it'll never oxidize on the surface Death, you suck! ;) ;D

I am sorry you are right I forgot :-[ I am going to go cut myself now... Thanks a lot box! :mad: ;D

It never ends, keep saving!!! My friend's stock carb was by far the smelliest p.o.s. I've ever seen come out of a factory, I can definately relate! Just wait till you get an aftermarket one with an accelerator pump, makes a world of a difference. ;D Don't cut yourself, take it out on a honda rider instead!!! ;D

OK, I got the edelbrock and here's my opinion.....BAMM!!!

This carb is kewl!!

The total install time from start to finish was about 1 hour and I really took my time. Reading and re-reading the instructions. After taking it for its first initial ride, I notice that I needed the smaller, richer (#20E) needle. I removed the gas tank and without removing the carb, had the needle changed in 5 minutes. After that, I played around with dialing in my mid-range. BAMM! This thing is awsome!

I find it easiest to remove the seat, pull the air intake tube out of the air box, and reach up from there to adjust the needle. This carb is very well designed. I also found that if you do need to change the needle, after you remove the slide and needle, its best to do it with the slide installed back in the carb.

A couple of issuses I do have though is that although I installed the alumunim tapered mounting flange, the carb does not sit level like the instructions says it should. Also, even though I got the motor side carb clamp as tight as it will go, the carb is still somewhat loose in the rubber boot. I will call the company to see what they think and will let you know.

I LOVE IT!!

Latest posts

Back