White smoke from the head.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad04warrior

Reaction score
Well today I go outside to start her up. It starts up ok. I ride about 2 min... and as I get to where I was going...I went to shut her down and I noticed a weird noise(sounded like somethin was spitting air. I looked down and saw white smoke. I checked oil...and it was good and I was checking the plug anyways. So I did that and the color looked good. I started to crank it over but not enough so it would start. I could feel air shooting out of the head right beneath the spark plug. Im hoping and guessing that its just a gasket. So I tried starting it and Its having a hard time like it doesnt have enough compression. Is this the problem and what could cause this. I just got it ported and polished so the guys had to of put a new gasket on there when they put the head back on.

Probably a bad gasket or no gasket at all - lots of motor places use the gasket maker **** for top ends and chuck the gasket (thats a big no-no) it almost always fails. Anyway the air leak in your motor due to the fucked gasket will cause it not to start. Just replace the gasket and you should be golden.

Back