Cuts out as it warms up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2tall

Reaction score
My Warrior has been cutting out more often, as it warms up. In gear, out of gear, just sitting there or going down the trail. The plugs have been nice tan color, so I have to believe the mixture is right. The way it runs, I think it would be electrical. Can't really explain it that well, sorry. Any help is appreciated.

How does the plug boot look like? When wires get hot the electrical resistance gets higher, so say you have a bad connection in the plug boot to begin with, as it gets warmer it will get worse.

Could it be that your not aware of the Start In Gear/Park brake problem on the clutch perch?
Thats got to be the biggest prob warr's got.
VelociRaptor makes valid point.

Could it be that your not aware of the Start In Gear/Park brake problem on the clutch perch?
Thats got to be the biggest prob warr's got.

Yeah, I am very aware of that problem with these, first thing I checked out. I can now get it run WOT for a couple of seconds, but after that it won't run for diddly. Keeps popping like its lean, but I have huge puffs of black smoke when it comes back to life.

I had a similar problem when a carburetor vent hose got pinched under the seat.

Just checked, re-routed one hose that looked out of place, can't tell if it made any difference.

With mine what would happen was this - I would go out and ride and since the hose was under part of the seat when I sat on it the hose would pinch. So id get out and the quad would bog and bog and bog and pop and pop and stall and smoke and bog some more. When I moved the hose everything ran smoothly again. Id advise getting yourself a spark plug tester and when it starts to act up use it and see if she fires each time.

Back