need to go strait!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tistheman5

Reaction score
alright when i wheelie i always go to the right, you can even see it in one of my vids. ITS NOT MY TIRES. so it has to be my axle. i remember when i first got it and had to tighten the chain, the two bolts you screw out. well i didnt know you were supose to turn them out the same ammount and thats why i think its the axle. now is there any way to fix this? thanx

When is the last time you changed your axle bearings? When the axle bearings get worn out they shift side to side and cause the quad to "wander" or go off to a side slightly. If you want to check your bearings do this:

1. Prop the back side of the quad up on something so both rear wheels are off the ground (put the skidplate on a recycle bin or something else to hold it up).

2. Firmly grab the axle on both sides with two hands and push the axle forward with one hand and pull it back on the other side with the other trying to shift it back and forth. If there is ANY play in the axle and you can move it a little bit (or move it more then a little bit if the bearings are worn badly) then it’s time to replace them.

Your axle bearings will go quickly if you mud a lot, go through lots of water, or even by power-washing. If you power wash the bike NEVER go near the carrier because **** gets through the seals and pushes crap back into the bearing and takes the grease out as well. I installed a zerk/grease fitting on my carrier so I can pump fresh grease into it when I go mudding or ride in lots of water to prolong the life of the bearings.

I hope this helps you man. :cool:

Mine does the same **** so i juz lowerd air pressure on the left a lil bit at a time untill she walked straight + if all I have in mind is wheelie's 4 the day like when i play on the streets i lower my air pressure to about 2 lbs or a lil less in each tire so whille im on a wheele i juz lean the way i want to go and it goes with me i can even make it around minor curves on a wheelie :D

How was it tapping a greese fitting in to carrier...i want to do this.

As long as you can tap holes right (not tapping them to much so the fitting doesnt sit snug) its fine. You need a decent drill though and a nice tap because the carrier is some thick steel sh!t. But it works awesome I am glad I did it - It should save me many bearings down the road...

Yea i have a grease zerk in my billet carrier, same bearing for about 4 years now, my friend has has a 300ex for 1 year and had to replace almost every bearing in it, thank god the warrior have grease zerks, especially when hes getting 300 dollars bills for bearings and such. luckily if loose a bearing i can replace it myself and save about 50 bucks lol.

The scientific answer is that the rotational force is greater on the side with the chain, friction therefore affects the tire on the non drive side greater and thusly tweaks your launch dawg. ;D

serious, that little diff. will actually push one side of your bike more...

is it hard to change the bearing? cause i need to do that really bad

is it hard to change the bearing? cause i need to do that really bad

Not really hard but you must be VERY careful tapping out a stubborn stock axle so you do not mushroom the end of it. If you would like to know how to do it I will write a tutorial in the tutorial section on it - let me know.

how often do average bearings last, not beating on anything or not hitting much mud?? ::)

Back