Oil changes?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott350

Reaction score
How often do you guys/gals change the oil in your Warrior? Didn't know if I need to change it after so many hours of ride time or how it works? Thanks

Normally every 5 rides if they aren't all day rides. If im in the water a lot or really slamming on it for 12 hours + then I change it that day or the next. When you put new oil in give it a sniff; the smell of the oil usually changes when it gets beat and thats a good indication it needs to be changed.

MMmmm... Oil :D

I pretty much trail ride.....I ride for about 5-6 hours or so when I ride.

i just change mine every 1 and a half months to 2 months depending on how long i ride... but thats with synthetic oil not regular u want to do it more if u run regular oil

I just change it either every other trip or every trip depending on how much we ride. That's running synthetic and driving like a nutcase though. An oil cooler setup will definately help out in this subject! ;D

Every 2 days of MX practice.Thats 10w-40 im too cheap to run synthetic and the biggest reason to run synthetic is to have it last longer Amsoil synthetics are able to withstand 3-4 months.

i run amsoil and i change it once in the summer and once in the winter, it doesnt turn to a darker shade for a very long time.

i run amsoil and i change it once in the summer and once in the winter, it doesnt turn to a darker shade for a very long time.

See I like amsoil for this reason but we cant forget the oil still gets physical debris/**** in it that arent good for the motor and needs to be drained anyway...

I change mine every few months with yamalube. I check it before every long ride though. If it is real dark I'll do ahead and change it. It takes a whole 5 minutes or so..

You can run synthetic, it just has to be wet clutch compatible. Using a passenger car synthetic may cause your clutch to slip since it wasn't designed for quads. Give the valvoline a try, the one that says for four stroke atvs and that's 10 40 and wet clutch compatible, good stuff! ;D

Hi gus

I need some advice about changing oil on raptor 2006.

I never did that, so i am asking if noob like ma can do it with just following the owners manual:)

thaks for your answers&advices :)

changeing oil is easy, just undo the bung let it drain out for 10 min replace bung and fill up with new oil.

even though i think it is so easy i dont think the oil in mine has been changed in the last 4 years ::) stupid? yep, lazy? yep. this thred has reminded me to do it lol i will do it once i get it back from being repaired

changeing oil is easy, just undo the bung let it drain out for 10 min replace bung and fill up with new oil.

even though i think it is so easy i dont think the oil in mine has been changed in the last 4 years ::) stupid? yep, lazy? yep. this thred has reminded me to do it lol i will do it once i get it back from being repaired

Don't forget to change the filter too. If too much debris gets in there the filter will collapse and oil flow can slow down a good bit, maybe stop.

You also might have a fun time with getting that plug out, for whatever reason sometimes it seems like no matter how lightly you put them in, a gorilla sneaks into your shed sometime between changes and torques that thing down with a breaker bar. I've had to remove my plug with a cold chisel and a hammer on more than one occasion.

I just change it either every other trip or every trip depending on how much we ride. That's running synthetic and driving like a nutcase though. An oil cooler setup will definately help out in this subject! ;D

Hey we have 3 things alike, driving like a nut case, changing synthetic every other ride and a oil cooler.

Back