Intake boot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smuggles

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with their intake boot cracking? Mine just has cracked for the second time and it's only 1 1/2 years old. The first one lasted a year and this second one only 6 months. WTF! Plus I was at the dunes last time I was riding it so I probably sucked up plenty of sand in there. Anything I should do to inspect my motor for sand. I'm going to change the oil as a friend suggested and check the oil to see if it's gritty at all.

if it runs fine now then there isnt much you can do .....id just ride it...the damage is already done....i mean unless you want to take her all apart and clean her up from the inside....but honestly youd probably already know if enough to harm has already been sucked in....my carb boot hasnt ever cracked.... :-/ ....maybe your carb isnt tight...or maybe the motor it self isnt completly tight.....somethings moving enough to make the carb boot crack....it dosnt do it by it self *shrug*

if you start feeling a loss in power then do a topend rebuild..... .20 over ...a wisco and youll be happyer then befor (assuming you havnt already)

Just use some rubberized gap filling glue, epoxy, or melt it back together. I've abused the hell out of mine but never had that problem, those should solve your prob though.

Back