Won't idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel2345

Reaction score
My sister just inherited a 350 warrior from her mom. It's been sitting for 5 years and won't run. So me and my dad took it and started working on it, got it to run, but not without the choke on. When the choke is on, it idles very rough - backfiring, poping from the intake - and when the choke is off, it just dies. when its idling with the choke on, when given gas, it dies. any ideas?

.....hmmm.....first things first go check and make sure the parking break is off....go to the back of the warrior and pull the cable running to the parking break back (its the one running to the contrapstion on the break caliber)....if this fixes it just go and buy a break block off ...they run like 10-15 bucks and it gets rid of all that crap that youll never us....try this and if it dosnt help will go from there

Brake is off, but this is only when its just sitting in the garage. we haven't got it running good enough to actually move.

so you did adjust the line in the back correct? the warrior is very well known for there parking break malfunction....it acts as if its not getting eather enough gass or air...or as if the carborator is geting some trash in it....all it takes is a bump to mess it up and youll be scratching your head for days....but if that isnt it maybe try spraying some carborator cleaner in it while its running while opening the throtel a few times and see what happens

I had a simular problem with mine. Try draining the carburator then take the gas line off a the tank then fill that with carburator cleaner and let it sit over night. In the morning drain the carburator and watch all the stuff that comes out. Refil the line and let it sit for about a hour or so and see if that works.

We got into the carb yesterday, cleaned it out and readjusted jets to factory specs, checked all the passages, sprayed carb cleaner all over, checked for wear 'n all that, and nothing helped. We're almost certain the timing is off, because when it runs with the choke on, it backfires and pops with a sort of beat, but I'm not liking the music :'(

The allen bolts on the timing plate are pretty ceroded and are on there pretty tight. We couldnt get to it without completely wrecking the bolts cause we can't find the right allen. We'll have to order a book before we really get into it though, since we couldnt find the original.

clean ur carb change the spark plug and drain the tank and put good gas in it because u said it set up 5 years they probley let it set with old gas in it .u should be able to ride it after it runs a minute with the joke on then u can turn it off ;D

warriors are usually load but when u start to ride it mite get better

Latest posts

Back