138 main

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
is a 138 main good for summer and in colder weather will i have to change it?? like bring it down to a 136??
Its perfict spark plug color now and i have a 138 main on there... will i need to change it when the weather gets cooler?

Actually your probably going to need to lower it now that its getting warmer, i just dropped my jetting down to a 136, it was running to fat in the 65-70 degree weather were having.

If its running fine and the mixture is right cant argue with that. On average you do need to jet for the temp changes due to density though.

haha i really dont know anyone around here that changes there jetting for every season we just get it right once and ride

And thats why you'll always get smoked, you should do it for the seasons, like for summer, have it jetted for the heat, then fall and spring you can have it jeted basically the same, then winter.

to rich, too much gas= too fat. Too much gas cause cylinder washdown, it maes the gas is leaking down past the rings, cause a whole shitload of problems, go smell your oil, if it smells like gas your fucked.

you can tell the diffrence, well at least i can. Honestly its really good learing how to jet the bike, im gonna go downstairs and make a freaking sticky on how to jet the raptor carb for everyone, it'll be on the site later today. Running a 138 all year is going to rob your performance.

Latest posts

Back