how do u take the gas line off

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
I got the clamp off the gas line now i got to get the gas line off the carb. The thing is on there so tight did anyone ever do this before, how did u get the line off?

Stick a flathead screwdriver in between the line and your petcock and work it off its a really tight hose and this was the best way I found to do it.

yeah i got it off with a pair of plyers. I got a question about the poppin to, the sound is kinnda like a sputterig poping sound when i hold the throtle like a quarter way, could it be jettin and am i doin any damage?

Just take the clamp off and slide it a little up the hose and rip the F*cking bitch off the carburetor.

Popping during low - midrange acceleration, hard starting, and poor idle conditions are signs of a LEAN mixture. Take your spark plug out and then come back and tell us what color the Porcelain of it is.

Depending on how lean you are yes a very lean condition that is not taken care of WILL damage your motor badly.

well its prolly bad cause i was ridin on super

For the most part and since your running super your plug will be carboned up SO id quit running Super and then put a new plug in and tell us what color it is.Did you adjust your needle because that affects flow up to about 1/2 throttle so id richen that and see how she goes.

If the kid couldn’t get the fuel line off the carb I don’t think he touched his needle... :cool:

Just do the following for us:

A. Take that fuel out & put regular in
B. Put a new plug in
C. Ride it like you stole it for about an hour
D. Take the plug out and tell us what color it is & the results you noticed from the dif. fuel.

We will work from there.

ok i swiched the gas but im gettin all the new parts in like 3 days so ill just wait till then cause i got to rejet the thing cause the lids commin off. If it rejeted right the popping will stop right. I shoudnt be worried that its deeper than the carb cause basiclly sounds like its not gettin enough gas at like half or a quater throtel.

Back