popping

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
ok there is like a small poping noise at times when i rev my motor and stay at one specific rpm range. It really doesnt happen every time but its like sometimes when i let off after doin that. It is not loud or sharp pitch noise i was just wonderin if that happened to anybody else with an aftermarket exhaust. I could hardly notice it but i could hear it more in my garage when i did this.

If your getting a popping when letting off the throttle from WOT it indicates a lean condition on the main.If its cold there dont worry about it will prbly be right around perfect during the summer.As long as the popping isnt horrible

yeah i think that could be it to cause i always have ridin it on super. It was really cold today to so it could be that to but the guy that did it said somethin about it doin that and in summer it will be diff. thanks

You should not be running super until you up your compression ratio young grass hopper - you don’t gain any performance from it. All you are doing to your motor is making your spark plug blacker then an African and treating your piston to a full serving of carbon build up. The higher octane ratings have a higher RESISTANCE to combustion; 9.2:1 & super on that bike = bad. :cool:

*Not to mention your spending more money on fuel then you need to! X_X

that dosent sound good should i get that **** out of my tank and put some regular in there or just let it run out untill i need gas cause if its dion damage ill take it right out

yeah, i would, the more carbon that build up, the increase in cylinder pressure, and not in a good way, the carbon will stay hot, making your motor knock and then say goodbye to Mr. Piston.

Well carbon build up is bad but it will burn up eventually when you are jetted right and running the right fuel. How ever if your problem is a LEAN mixture (the popping) dropping the octane can make it even more lean and that’s bad too!! I say dump the fuel & run it with lower grade then see how the popping is if it gets worse hop back up to super or jet your bike (you should jet it lol) its better to run on the rich side then lean. The popping can be a result of both lean and rich mixtures!

well how the **** am i gonna get it out, you prolly have to run the motor real hot for that right. is there like a hose i can undo or somethin that i could get the gas out?

STOP!

just put regular in and drive it before you worry about anything else. Ride it like you stole it and it will clear itself out, you'll be fine, don't purpously make the motor run hot, just switch the gas and ride it normally.

just pull the fuel hose off the carb and let it drain brother! Then while its draining make sure you light up a fatty right next to it. ;)

gota have that fatty lit!!... i find that draining it in a hole that you dug in that back yard works great....haha dont be talking about putting it in the lawn mower, my dad put my 101 high tess in the lawn mower, said he was sry and gave me 87 oc... WTF!!! i guess the mower ran like crap after he did that... servs him right!!!

i drain oil on the ground all the damn time too lol.. cant call it a lawn anymore.. oil killed the grass now its just dirt ;D but thats fine... dont have to worry about cutting grass that isnt there ;)

oh and as for draining gas.. just find a nice big antbed an dump the gas onthem ;D light it onfire if u want.. but thats just for fun.. the gas alone kills them... i just like watching things burn :-[

oh another thing.... never EVER drain racing fuel out of a car an put it in a quad... burnt the hell out of my friends piston on a 300ex ;D ran great for a few minutes... he took off down the road... got to 4th gear an BOOM, backfired hard an locked up lol 99.95% pure sunoco racing alcohol :eek:

Back