shifting trouble

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperry

Reaction score
transmission is having some issues.....discovered this weekend after riding for a couple hours that shfting started acting up. it started in 3rd gear...while shifting through when i got to 3rd it would not shift out to 4th. i would let back out on the clutch ride a bit further and sometimes it would shift right away sometimes it would take me stopping and shifting down then back up through a few times before shifting out of 3rd. checked shift linkage and its not slipping. i even changed shoes (boots) thinking maybe it was the type i was wearing. i rode a bit longer sometimes having no trouble sometimes having the same trouble but in different gears. i adjusted the clutch pull and it didn't have any affect on it. today while putting it back in the garage it did it in 2nd......anyone have any ideas on what this may be? and how it may be fixed? would like to avoid the dealer mechanic rate thought i would try here first. sorry so long and thanks for any ideas.

Thats from your clutch plates expanding after riding for a while, the thing that solved that for me was the oil cooler and running thicker oil, i used to have the problem that it didn't want it to go into 3rd, same thing as you, now that i have the cooler, no such problems.

Yes I noticed that too never had THAT much trouble though but ive had the cooler forever too. Another reason why im considering a good DP clutch kit!

getting ready for oil change so i will try a heavier oil. i would buy the expansion of clutch plates but the episode when it would not shift out of 2nd while putting it in the garage at that point the bike hadn't been ran but for a couple minutes. just enough to get it warmed up enough not to stall when pulling out. anyway thanks for the input guys......

See the direct shift mod in the pictures section, highly recommend doing this, it'll help! ;D

Back