cant make holes in my air scoops???????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaracer370

Reaction score
i just made custom air scoops and my drill gun with a drill bit wont make a hole trough my sheet of aluminal any suggestion on how i can make a hole in my air scoops??????

Are you using a bit meant for metal? Try using a small bit & rev the drill to the max then work up to a larger one. You need to kinda' give some down pressure. :cool:

Did you make a little tiny hole in it using a punch to prevent the bit from travveling, try that and if it dont work get a new drill or drill bit.

lol id bet 5 bucks your using a wood bit or something not made for metal...lol its ok every body makes the same mistake ::) ;) but its cool..just go get a metal bit...theres actualy special bits out there for diff metals...the ones i use on mine are ok..but if i went out and found my self some bits for stainless steal then it be alittle easyer...but if you do how ever have a metal bit the only thing i can tell ya is hold the drill straight up and down put your right hand on the top facing up and put all your weight pushing all the way threw...

well where i want the hole is on a bed and i dont want to bend the rest of the scoop so how do i drill it on a bend???

lol....cant help ya there.....i drill mine befor i bend em **shrug**...good luck ..make sure you post some pics when you get em done!

Or hit it with a punch and drill a pilot hole then use the size bit you want no big deal ;)Ive made plenty of scoops I stopped selling them awhile back an since two people sell them on here I dont see a point lol

any drill bit should go through the thin peice of aluminum to drill the bend i'd just start out with a small bit and go to the size you want try the inside of the bend it might help also maybe a razor blade could be used to punch it so you dont move the bit around

Back