Reverse Shifting Bike

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad021

Reaction score
Well my cousin was over today and telling me that a buddy of his had modified his motorcycle so that in order to shift up he would click down, in order to do wheelies and shift easier. How is this possible?

I don't know much about bikes and don't know how the linkage and internals really differ from quads, or much about the trany in quads either.

Well my cousin was over today and telling me that a buddy of his had modified his motorcycle so that in order to shift up he would click down, in order to do wheelies and shift easier. How is this possible?

I don't know much about bikes and don't know how the linkage and internals really differ from quads, or much about the trany in quads either.

You flip the linkage.

Reason being, Bent over in a turn, it's easier to push down, as opposed to pulling up....Because there usually is not enough space between the bike, and the track to get a boot under the shifter.

On the warrior, you would cross the linkage from the bottom, to the top of the shifter shaft.

put the shifter on the other way (upside down) lolol

ya the linkage is how u do it, a kid i know has a 85 honda 200? 3 wheeler and u click all down to shift up.

yea thats how my 82 honda 185s is. it was kinda hard to get used to but i figured it out eventually.

Back