Ever used a quad as a catapult?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tater

Reaction score
I was thinkin about my quad today and started to reminisce over last years riding season so I decided to post a story haha. Last year I was down at milford lake, kansas messin around with the guys on the trails like we always do. My warrior had been dominating for two days with no accidents or problems so I was getting cocky. Up at this lake its basically all rock for trails with a little dirt on the lower parts. (As a side note the day before I had been forced to drive the warrior through such rocky terrain that I realized I would never sell this thing lol.) Anyways we were taking a fairly steep slope down and I took it pretty fast. As I'm going down I didnt realize a part of the slope dropped a foot under the rock, along with the rock being at a bad angle. The quad kicks up and drops back down hard at about 80 degrees, I'm sitting way far back trying to control this thing, and the rear wheels hit that rock and launch me on about a ten foot drop into sharp rock with a warrior rolling down behind me. My first thought was to jump up and dive out of the way as the warrior goes past me. I get up with rock embedded in my legs and arm and get the warrior right side up since its wedged in the sides of this slope to find out my clutch handle is snapped off along with my new grips torn and a bent tie rod. I let her sit for awhile to cool off and let the fuel settle, start it in first gear and drive it back. They dont kid around when they call these things bullet proof. Best quad hands down.

Back