DONT WASH QUADS IN BELOW FREEZING TEMPS!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillclimbingrecon

Reaction score
EVERY thing froze!!! :eek: i decided ti would be nce to have a clean quad and go do some noce snow ridingm, well i got about 1/4 of the way through washing and decided to do it later, half way dwon the road, it comes to a complete stop, wont start, wont move,wont turn, nothing. So we get it to a freinds garage, let it warm up for about a hour and then it stars right up. lmao!! im never goona do that again!!

my quad has been sitting nasty cacked mud for a month...lol, its creating a protective winter barrier so nothing goes wrong until spring, and so the plastics dont get scratched ;)

with all that cacked mud on the fenders, watch them sag! but your selling it so you probly don't care

nah the fenders arent sagging....and yeah your right i really dont care, i have only noticed them sagging once when we were trying to get as muddy as possible and when u would hit jumps mud would fling everywhere

nah the fenders arent sagging....and yeah your right i really dont care, i have only noticed them sagging once when we were trying to get as muddy as possible and when u would hit jumps mud would fling everywhere

Maybe trying to get as muddy as possible has something to do with all the problems you have with it?

**** that i wash mine freezing or not just pull your connectors loose every so often put a lil dio-lube in em and all is great mud makes problems for you so na recon your not dumb probaly just got some watter in a connection so with that being said KEEP IT CLEAN!!!

Spray wd-40 on the inside of your fenders and mud will be less likely to cake up. Works pretty good, but I've only seen it done in xc races.

Just use hot water, that what i did in Canada. Put a hose on your kitchen sink and run it out the door and wash the bike with warm water. It worked good until it went below 20 and **** just started to freeze the second water came out lol.

I don't even bother with trying to wash it. Just riding it creates a thick layer of ice on anything below anything hot. I had icicles coming off my frame below the motor and a giant chunk of ice on my axle right under the pipe. Once, the ice got to my front brake disks, which caused me to crash into the inside wall of my garage. :D

hot water freezes faster than cold water

How do you figure? Water is water. Warmer water has more thermal energy that needs to be dissipated before it starts freezing. I'd love to see your logic behind this :p

my quad has been sitting nasty cacked mud for a month...lol, its creating a protective winter barrier so nothing goes wrong until spring, and so the plastics dont get scratched ;)

haha mint!

hey i just started and i think the whole battle scars and triumphs sub forum should be deicated to hillclimbingrecon, hahhaha, and then we can log on every week to see what he fucked up this time hahahah

Back