You broke it, you bought it???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja226sport

Reaction score
Was riding all weekend. Saturday was a bit muddy but fun. Sunday was a really good day. Got some fishing in too. Monday turned out to be shitty in two ways. I decided to take my kawi lakota down to a pond and toss a line for a while and let my girlfriend's bro take the warrior out with my bro and a couple of friends. After about an hour I decided to go back to where we parked. I see my brother on his z400 with my buddy riding on the back leaving the area. Bad news. They are going to get my warrior.

My girlfriends brother went wide open, top gear into a sharp turn. Flipped end over end. Broke his collar bone on impact.

Also broke my handle bars, head lights, brake lever, front plastic, hand guards, fuel now leaking, bent tie rod, bent 2 rims.

I feel bad that he is in such bad pain right now! When do you think I should hit him with the bill???

Hmmm, make your girlfriend tell him ;)
I that doesnt work, strap him down to the hospita; chair, and threaten to pull the plug on him!

i would definately hit him with the bill. it doesnt matter if i let my friend ride my warrior or my brother if they broke something they would be buying it.

If you trust someone enough to take you ride and they take it, they should know if somthing goes wrong its on there account, maybe he'll be more careful next time.

Posted by Deadaim on Today at 6:52pm
If you trust someone enough to take you ride and they take it, they should know if somthing goes wrong its on there account, maybe he'll be more careful next time.

i totally agree, but I wouldn't have loaned my machine out in the first place ;)

He is like a younger brother and we always go riding together. I guess it is my fault. I usually make him ride an old 200 moto 4. I thought he was capable, I guess **** happens. I am making a list of parts for him. I already bought most everything today. It just sucks that he is out of work for like a month.

He is also a senior in high school and I am 27. It doesn't really hurt my pocket that much but it will his! Guess you need to learn responsibility sometime!!!!!!!!!!

I think it depends on his attitude towards the deal. If he is a dick about it, make him cough up all the dough. But if he really does feel bad, how about making him pay for a portion of the parts and then help you install them. After all, you are getting all new parts for used ones.

I really doubt he wrecked it on purpose just to see it flip and what a broken collar bone feels like!!!!

I have a lot of toys. I usually only let good friends and family borrow them, as in your case. If **** does get broken I do not hound them for money. Not worth taken chance of loosing a good friend/relationship over money!!!!!

Palerider.....I have a lot of toys. I usually only let good friends and family borrow them, as in your case. If **** does get broken I do not hound them for money. Not worth taken chance of loosing a good friend/relationship over money!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better. Lost some good friends because of money and it sucks. I'll just bust his balls a bit. i know it wasn't on purpose. I was pissed at first. But I think it was more due to the fact I had to pack everything and everyone up and drive 55 miles to the closest hospital.

Oh, and everything but the fuel leak is fixed. Rockymountainatv.com + 2 day shipping is great!

Dickhead......says I broke his trailer (borrowed from a friend at work) I got a flat and bought a new tire and not to mention replaced the lights......the bill and the beating is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it is a dick move or not but I went corporate on his ass. I told my girlfriend's mom the situation and she went and took the money out of his bank account and gave it to me! Ha!

lol well u went stright to the source and got the money atleast but idk how u could of been the dick in that situation he broke it he pays for it thats the #1 rule when letting someone ride your stuff

That is funny. Too bad he had to be a dick about it.

Oh to be young again and know everything........

That is cool his mom did that. Maybe he will learn a lesson from this whole deal. Then again, I doubt it. ;D

i only let close friends ride my rappy, i dont want my **** wrecked. they have stuff they can give me if they **** it up, either that or they will pay for it.

they rolled it over b4 actually but nothin happend to it so i didnt care. i was doing some hill clims over at lbl turkey bay in kentucky with one of my friends one day tho [ i was on his kawi 400], and i missed hiting a bigass rut up a hill and i did flip it but i held on to the frame. it rolled over on its side and onto me actually tho. it was funny because he yelled up at me to flip it back over and try again, i yelled back at him i couldnt, when he asked y i told him cuz it was on top of me and i was holding it so it wouldnt roll down the hill, he paused then laghed at me and came to help, next time i tryed it i got up it tho so its all good.

Before i let people on my stuff i tell them if they break it they bought it, so idk.

I'm about 40 years old, and I learned early about the broken=bought formula (the hard way). Anybody who rides my quads is made aware of the rule. Scratches and dings are what these are made for, but if you hit a rock and bust up the whole front end because you were over driving, you can HELP pay to get it back on the trails.

I'm not saying that I would charge full price, or even require new parts, but being aware of the responsibility is usually enough to keep things running smoothly.

Back