Not that Bad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
Well I've been working on my wheelie abilities ever since i broke in my quad about 2 days ago, and today i popped it up and 12'd it... cuz I'm workin on shifting to 2nd while in wheelie. Another incident i was power sliding and my wheels caught grip started to flip, so i put my leg out and lost my balance and somehow my other leg ended up in between the heel guard and the wheel, it did not feel good, but nothing broken just some scratches and bruise. The good thing i kept my quad from flipping, thats all I'm worried about. Lastly i was workin on wheelie again, and i finally shifted to 2nd while in wheelie but 12'd it cuz gave it too much gas....but to my surprise it only 12'd for alittle bit, fell back down and ran into a fence, almost straight through. I bet my neighbors were laughin there ass off at me, chasing my quad as it went into a fence... :eek: ::)

I guess you still got the stock grab bar. If so then don't really worry about the quad coming back on you. However if you repalce it make sure you get one the same lenght. I spent close to 50 bucks on the AC grab bar to only find out my quad will flip back on me.

And next I would suggest not sticking your leg out to stop the quad. I don't know how big you are but stopping a 400+ lbs machine is going to be kind of hard. I would prefer to roll my quad instead of loosing a toe or finger in the chain. And if the quad isn't moving that fast thats a better chance nothing will be damaged. Not saying it still couldn't brake something but I would say its less likely.

yea deffinately don't put your leg out. Your lucky you didn't get you legged ripped off by the wheel! If you can put your stock plastic guard back on, or get a set of nerfs, I'd rather sacrifice "style" than a leg.

Posted by chad021 on Aug 4, 2006, 1:40am
yea deffinately don't put your leg out. Your lucky you didn't get you legged ripped off by the wheel! If you can put your stock plastic guard back on, or get a set of nerfs, I'd rather sacrifice "style" than a leg.

Posted by Pelphrey on Aug 1, 2006, 11:51pm
I guess you still got the stock grab bar. If so then don't really worry about the quad coming back on you. However if you repalce it make sure you get one the same lenght. I spent close to 50 bucks on the AC grab bar to only find out my quad will flip back on me.

And next I would suggest not sticking your leg out to stop the quad. I don't know how big you are but stopping a 400+ lbs machine is going to be kind of hard. I would prefer to roll my quad instead of loosing a toe or finger in the chain. And if the quad isn't moving that fast thats a better chance nothing will be damaged. Not saying it still couldn't brake something but I would say its less likely

agreed, never never never put your leg out. I learn't that one early on......ouchie. And its always easier to fix your bike than your body.

Latest posts

Back