Bad Crash

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd

Reaction score
Well i just got back form a week long vacation and on the first day we went riding. I was a good long ride and when we were done we were goin down this private dirt road we have to go down to get to the trails. Me having the only sport quad took off and just completly smoked everyone down the road. I came over the top of the last hill and saw that someone had closed the gate about 60-80 ft in front of me. I panic and slammed on the brakes slid sideways and flipped. I flew like 25ft. and landed moslty on my head and shoulder. The quad flipped landed on the handlebars flipped again and landed on its wheels on top of me. The rest of the group found me like 2 minutes later un-concious. I woke up they helped me walk to the house and then took me to the hospital. Then they had to transfer me to a hospital about an hour and a half away. They released me from the hospital at like 6 in the mornin and i have a minor concussion, cuts and scrapes, 2 contusions and a bruised cheek bone i think they said. On the quad the only damage is bent handle bars and i bent the steering stem. This was not how i wanted to spend my vacation.

You forgot about one of the other injuries, Your bruised ego. :)
Well atleast your in good enough shape to be typing this. get better soon bud.
~Bill

damn that sucks when i know theres a gate that could possibly be closed i make sure im going at a controable break speed incase i need to use it.

The gate used to be like 200 ft. further away from where it is now and i forgot about that. I used to top out down the hill then be able to slow down before the gate but since they moved it i can't do it anymore. I'll get pictures up soon.

Oh yea, Does anyone know where i can get a good deal on a steering stem? I'm gonna need a new one.

i bent mine when i flipped it down a hill but i bent it back with a sledge hammer. works just fine to. lol.

glad to hear you made it out with not too serious injuries. how long till you can ride again? ho[e you heall up nice and quick man.

Hah, he says he lost interest in the project 1/2 way though (building the quad). If you check his other auctions he doesn't have any other parts, lol. I don't think having just a steering stem equates to half way done in a project.

Unless he already sold the other items, or doesn't have em up yet. I just think it's funny that that is the only part he is selling atm.
Matt: I'm not sure where in NJ you are, but I'm like 10 mins from Bayville. That's where the stem is selling from, let me know if you go to buy it, We'll see if we can arrange to have it picked up instead of pay for shipping. Though paying for the gas to pick it up may be more then the shipping, lol.
~Bill

I'm in northern jersey right next to wayne, i don't know if im gonna buy it or not.

I used to have a cabin right up in Highland Lakes, Just a few minutes from Wayne. Is there any good riding up there? 2 of my friends still have some family up there, so we'd have a place to stay if you knew of any places worthriding.
~Bill

I don't know of any good places to ride, I keep my quad in new york so i never get a chance to ride here. But hopefully this winter I'll find some.

Latest posts

Back