Spring Break

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrioracer08

Reaction score
Over Spring Break I went quading with my friend on Wednesday. So we were back that for about an hour maybe or a little less. and my friend Tyler was back there on his Honda CRF 100F. So, we kept switching it up on the Dirt Bike and when I was whipping my friends 660 Raptor around the field, I was going around a turn and wanted to go off this jump so I shifted into third and just gave it full throttle. I was getting ready to hit the jump and was about a foot away from it, I realised something, I was about to go off the jump the wrong way. So I just say to myself, "Ooohh ****." I hit it and my front wheels went about 45* and the went straight down. I was panicing and didn't think to give it more gas as I was landing. So my front wheels slammed down and my lower 2-4 ribs and stomach wailed the bar padless handlebars knocking me out instantly. The people who were back there said I went flying like 10-15ft and the quad just rolled bending the front brake assembley down forward which I fixed late on. Again though. after I hit the ground the impact woke me up and I was breathless and got knocked out again for 15mins. When I woke up I could barely talk and move my body. I just layed down for about 5 mins. and then got up. The first thing I had said though right when I gained conciousness was, "Is the quad okay?" They all laughed and helped me up. It was only 10 mins. before I started riding again. I was wearing shorts and a T-Shirt and my smart friend with the Raptor brought me off a trail while I was on the Dirt Bike and brought me through thorn bushes. What a great idea that was! My right leg was all cut up and blood was oozing down it, plus mud getting in it didn't fell good either.

But that was one of the only days I went quading over break, cuase that night my friend traded his modded Blaster for the stock Dirt Bike and then we rode that for the next two days.

Then you're not gonna ride mine when I get it. LOL. That's why you always pay attention when you're riding. A helmet saved my life that day and I've learned and just became a better rider from this experience.

Dude, you are one luck S-O-B. That's' EXACTLY how I broke my collar bone.

Except I knew I was going down the jump (a hill, actually), and I didn't do it at full throttle.

Glad you're ok, but how do you NOT know you are hitting a jump in the wrong direction??????

I'm lucky, I know. Some asshole had gone up to it and roosted on it because i had hit it a couple weeks before from the same way and I didn't get hurt or anything or mess up. But you have to be right up to it to see the tire spots and I didn't check it before or anything so that's why I didn't know.

Going up jumps the wrong way is a bad thing...were we ride we have alot of people not knowing the way of the track or trails..and has caused some minor accidents..but also have had some very close calls......

This is basically the only place I ride, the jump was fine a few weeks ago but some assholes like to messup what other people do and roosted it. I know that woods like the back of my hand though so yeah. But I do hate people who just go back there and mess **** up which gets the owner pissed and try to block off trails.

Back