12'd the warrior!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey yall. just thought i would post that i 12 o'clocked the warrior today (not really on purpose though!) i was riding around in the field next to my house and decided to try some wheelies. i was doing decent, but then i just got ahold of one and instead of just blipping the throttle like i normally do (to do little short wheelies) i kept the throttle on. well, needless to say, it kept coming back until i was at full 12 o'clock and almost stopped. well since i had never done this before, i kinda paniced and instead of cutting the throttle i think i gave it more (not a whole lot though) and didnt think fast enough to hit the rear brake. the ground was not really level (kind of a long bump i was riding on top of) so when it hit the grab bar, it kinda kicked it sideways. i thought it was going to come down on top of me, but i was able to get away and it just flopped over on the right side of the bars and then (since it was on the down slope of this little bump) rolled back on all fours. only injuries were a little bit of grass burn on my right elbow, messed up my right grip a little, and bent my brake lever (took it off and hammered it back straight though). by the way, i was wearing gloves, helmet, goggles, and full boots (thor quadrant) so i was being safe! hopefully ill get back in the saddle to do some more wheelies soon, but on level ground and with someone else around in case it comes over on top of me!

yea my dad decided since he was a "heavier" person that it would be a good idea to rev about 3/4 throttle and dump the clutch, needles to say he 12'd real quick, dug a 2 foot chunk of grass outta the yard, and left tracks to tell the story. so now he gets to pay for my new clutch :)

meh.. i 12'd my raptor everytime a drove it.. just get a 6 pack rack and you can ride them forever without any worries of flippinf it over.

well, the main reason it tipped over was that the ground i was on wasnt really level. also, i wasnt expecting to 12 it or else i would have been on level ground. ill check out a 6 pack rack though. ive been thinking about getting one anyway to carry a cooler (with a 6 pack of my favorite beverage) or a small gas can for long trail rides. thanks for the tip.

yea my dad decided since he was a "heavier" person that it would be a good idea to rev about 3/4 throttle and dump the clutch, needles to say he 12'd real quick, dug a 2 foot chunk of grass outta the yard, and left tracks to tell the story. so now he gets to pay for my new clutch :)

I hope that one little clutch dump wasnt enough to fry the whiole thing haha, ive been dumping the clutch on mine for a long time now... never had a problem.

yeah no **** ds. you guys should ride some of the trails around here. they are lots of fun on a clutch (and a quad at that!). i rode chadwick on wednesday for the first time after my motor work and suspension upgrade. rode some black trails and ate them up! the suspension is SO much better. i still need to let some pressure out of my tires, but ill get to that today. going to dick around out at the land with this girl, so hopefully im not too sore from riding wednesday and working out at the gym yesterday.

[quote:lou0xvel]yea my dad decided since he was a "heavier" person that it would be a good idea to rev about 3/4 throttle and dump the clutch, needles to say he 12'd real quick, dug a 2 foot chunk of grass outta the yard, and left tracks to tell the story. so now he gets to pay for my new clutch :)

I hope that one little clutch dump wasnt enough to fry the whiole thing haha, ive been dumping the clutch on mine for a long time now... never had a problem.[/quote:lou0xvel]

I bought it used and the clutch has never really felt right to me or anyone else who rode it. So now I have an "excuse" to get a new one in the future, but for right now she moves fine and ill bare with the clutch. The only problem with it is that it starts to grab right at the end of the release, so its a different feeling but it still works.

is she hot?

yeah she wasnt too bad. i dont remember too much about last night, yesterday, or even the past week at that. all i know is that i am really tired, hung over, need a shower and a freakin nap! i stayed up too late drinkin and havin fun ;D :eek:

[quote:0n5mpbdd]is she hot?

yeah she wasnt too bad. i dont remember too much about last night, yesterday, or even the past week at that. all i know is that i am really tired, hung over, need a shower and a freakin nap! i stayed up too late drinkin and havin fun ;D :eek:[/quote:0n5mpbdd]

been there ;)

yeah, its not always the best feeling, but after friday night, being so hung over was worth it. it was kinda hard to get up and leave the hotel so early in the morning (930am after being up until 4 am) but i still managed. i kinda limped home and took a nap until about 430 and went into work at 9 that night. i think it was the jagermeister that did me in though. that **** was good! might have to get some more for this weekend (or week since i work weekends!)

lol. yeah i operate on little sleep and seem to do okay with it. sometimes i have days where i just need to shut down for a while to recover, but i just cant seem to get to sleep until late at night or early morning. working nights (even though i sleep) doesnt make the situation any better. i end up watching tv or listening to music until 2-3 am. oh well, no rest for the wicked i guess! lol

i guess you should run baja then,18hours no sleep,riding fast,probally sounds like a normal day for you!!LOL

yeah, baja would be a lot of fun, but probably not on the warrior. maybe something liquid cooled like a yfz or raptor 700. im not sure that the warrior would make it in the baja! lol

I think i'd give a warrior with aftermarket suspension a better chance of completing a baja race than one of the bigger bikes - less to go wrong, and the more managable power means the rider is less likely to go out of control.

ahhhh, both of you have good points, but i would think that an air cooled bike (i.e.- a warrior) would end up over-heating by the end of the race (if it even made it that far). maybe one of these days when im rich and have too much money to play with, ill build a baja racer and go run it. for now, its just a wild dream!

Back