Z400 @ Deepwater

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey yall. i smoked a zuki z400 today on the drag strip at deepwater. got him pretty good too. found out afterward that it wasnt exactly a fair race, since he only had an hmf pipe, jet kit, and K&N filter. he still has more displacement though, so ill take the win. also raced rusty and his rappy 350. got him good, but he was a good sport about it. had a great time riding today. wish i would have seen a blaster at the strip, but none were there. wonder why ;)

thanks. he said he missed second gear, but either way, if we were both stock, he probably would have beat me. he looked like he was fast, but i guess not. i was just glad to race someone, whether i won or not.

good win man..... iv been trying to beat my cuz on his KFX i dont think its ganna happen tho hes a much better rider then i am

what cc is the kfx. sorry im not too familiar with kawis. what engine/performance mods do you have on your warrior? build it up and spank his ass!

i think hes talking about the kfx400. there basicly a z400 i think the plastics different. they are preaty fast though my friend got one. my rappy's stock so i have to rag on it on straight aways to keep up with him. i beat him on everything except top end though cuz ima better rider.

ok right on. yeah kfx400 shouldnt be too hard to beat. just get piston, cam and exhaust. then at the line, pull in the clutch, hold it at about half throttle, then when your starter flags you to start, dump the clutch, mash the throttle and try not to wheelie out of the gate. thats how i smoked the z400, with a good start (and a well built motor). it might be a little different since i was riding a twist throttle, but im back to the thumb now, so i have to re-learn how to ride with it. its a little more touchy than the twist, but ill be able to wheelie when i get the balls to try (and better weather and time).

I know but im tired of fixing all the little parts and peices on my warrior iv put a shitload of money in new parts

hey yall. i smoked a zuki z400 today on the drag strip at deepwater. got him pretty good too. found out afterward that it wasnt exactly a fair race, since he only had an hmf pipe, jet kit, and K&N filter. he still has more displacement though, so ill take the win. also raced rusty and his rappy 350. got him good, but he was a good sport about it. had a great time riding today. wish i would have seen a blaster at the strip, but none were there. wonder why ;)

thats an awseom beat!!!, hey umm we still got to go riding together. I dont see them very mutch there at the dragstrip, its prolly cause they hate getting ass raped by us yfm riders lol!!

lol, yeah sounds about right. well, rusty and i are going to deepwater on friday. im getting off work at 7am, so ill probably be leaving town around 8am (if everything works out in my favor!) and getting up there at about 930am. pm me and let me know if you wanna ride. gotta test out my new suspension on some of those whoops!

uh huh. well haul you ass up from florida and ill race ya. what ya got done to it? looks like (from your sig) just exhaust and intake. anything else?

uh huh. well haul you ass up from florida and ill race ya. what ya got done to it? looks like (from your sig) just exhaust and intake. anything else?
i need to update my sig.
right now it has
fulll system trs yoshi exhuast.
dyna jets
k&n filter
+ 1000 rev box, might be 2000 i cant remember
39 tooth rear sprocket.
an aftermarket carb at my disposal( really my dads, but he lets me use it for races.)
and a kid who's been riding since he was like 5 lol

and thats just the performance mods :cool:
when im at the track next time, ill drag it down the new strip they just opened up, they have one of those big cop speedometer things....

right on. well, sounds like its pretty fast. remember though, you have aboutu 50cc's on the rest of us, so its not really that fair of a race. let me know what it does and the time you did it in. also, is it 1/8 or 1/4 mile?

right on. well, sounds like its pretty fast. remember though, you have aboutu 50cc's on the rest of us, so its not really that fair of a race. let me know what it does and the time you did it in. also, is it 1/8 or 1/4 mile?
honeslty, 50cc's isnt that much a difference, i mean for some reason my warrior seems sluggish compared to my z, but i guess thats becuase im already use to my warrior, but honestly, i dont feel to much a difference from yfz 450's( except the 06 version)
My friend thinks that my z will beat his in a top end race, but i know i wont keep up with him in acceleration.
i think the drag srtip is 1/4.

right on. well, if i ever happen to put a 400 stroker kit in the warrior ill be sure to take ya on. lol. those z's like high revs dont they?

right on. well, if i ever happen to put a 400 stroker kit in the warrior ill be sure to take ya on. lol. those z's like high revs dont they?

lol man you have no idea, at the track i was usually riding on the rev limiter on the straights, but now i have an aftermarket cdi so i hope that doesnt happen again.
400's have that BRUUUUUP affect to them ;)

yeah i thought they were high rev. the guy i smoked at deepwater just didnt seem to have it (or just didnt know how to rev/shift correctly for dragging). just got him right off the start and didnt look back. i saw a blaster up there yesterday when rusty and i were riding. he and his buddy (on a 4x4) came up to the drag strip and ran up and down it once or twice. then he saw rusty and me race and they just kinda left before i could try to challenge him to a race. such a pity! i would have liked to race him, but he looked fairly stock. it wouldnt have been too fair. lol. well, ill get one sometime and get it on film. i gotta get ready for work, so ill talk to yall later.

Back