Flipped it down a hill

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahammerrider

Reaction score
This wednesday i got my raptor out of the shop and was looking foreward to riding it all weekend after a month of not riding. Thursday I decided to go over to a friends house and ride. So i get over there and start off to ride with him (hes riding a raceready honda 250r). So we start riding and the first thing he does is take me to his bigass hills, I'm talking steep-ass tall hills. I put the bitch in 2nd and take off spinning my stock tires and fly up the kills just like hes doing, I almost didnt make it up one. Keep in mind these hills r are hardpacked dirt (lucky for me....). So at this point when I almost didnt make it up I asked if we could ride on the trails, he says ok and where off. Well about 3-5 min in the trails we are at this big, long, loose dirt and leaf covered hill. He puts his in 3rd and rips up it slidding all around. I look at it and look back at my stock tires and say "god dammit I hope I dont fall." Once again I put it in 2nd and ripped up the hill, I was at the very top about 6 inches away from my front tires touching the top and my quad stops. At this point I figure im fucked up the ass now. I slam on my brakes but since for some reason my tires on my 5grand atv suck ass and slide back. So I'm sliding back going faster and faster and it starts to get cockeyed on me so I figured that if I dont want to be in the hospital from the quad falling on me I should jump off. While I'm rolling down the hill trying to get out of the quads way and not hit a tree at the same time, my atv is rolling down also (if it could say somthing it would probibly be calling me a basterd right about then). When me and the quad stop rolling, I get up disoriented and here my friend saying "OH ****" in that funny redneck vioce. I look at my quad which apperantly hit a tree on the seat and is on its side leaning against it, and I almost cry. This is my first quad I have own, first any nice thing I have owned, and I just fucked it up like all the people in the videos on the internet (I now know what they feel like). He looks at it while I'm on my knees letting it all sink in, and he says in a half-laugh "dude ur gonna hate my ass". I reluclently look up at him and say what did I **** up. Appearantly I bent my steering stem, the bracket that holds it, and I just about broke my left side light off. Well I start it up and thanked god that was all that was wrong with it, and limp it home getting off every once in awhile to pick the front end and turn it around a sharp turn. I take it home and tell my mom and she took it alot better than I thought. I took it apart yesterday and today and have fixed most of it. All I need to ride it is to get the steering stem bent sraight again, hopfully I can take it to a machine shop sometime diring the week. If I can get that bent back right all I have to buy is the left side light bracket and light housing. Well thats my story of mental anguish and disapointment. Also I got away with only 2 scratches. I guess instead of my atv getting lucky I did.

that's not much damage for rolling down a hill, i've seen bent frames, axles, a-arms, and other expensive stuff from quads rolling down hills. I'd say it's a combination of you getting lucky, and the fact that these things are built like tanks.

seems you spent a long ass time typing that, ouch how much was replacements?..and thank god u are ok

seems you spent a long ass time typing that, ouch how much was replacements?..

Not as much as replacingmy corneas after reading all that!!

;D

j/k

Sorry to hear, man. And glad you're ok!

I has a buddy that rolled his down a hill when it was 2 weeks old and totaled it! Just be thankfull it can be fixed. We have all been there. It is no fun when you bike is apart when you should be riding it and having fun. :-[

Sounds like quite the experience.... but at least you walked way, that is ultimately the most important part. Quads can be replaced - bones take time!

Sounds like quite the experience.... but at least you walked way, that is ultimately the most important part. Quads can be replaced - bones take time!

^^^Exactly! Good read Dude. And I'm glad you're OK. Before hitting that hill did you remember to say "Hey Ya'll, WATCH'ISS!" ?

I nearly did that today but luckily my mudlites dug in and I backed down slowly. The hill I was going up was steep as hell and long and when I got to the top I noticed a huge tree root that created a big wall off dirt. I said to hell with that and backed all the way down.

actually i didnt replace anything yet.hopefully i can take my steering stem to a machine shop and get them to bend it back.i know i have to buy a new left light bracket and light housing but those shouldnt be to much. at least i hope not.......

but yea it did take a longass time to type but i gotta tell my stories. lol. anyway im not a redneck so no i didnt say wachiss, i was riding with one but im not one. anyway we were just riding on a regular trail. im just glad it didnt hurt my quad to much. i didnt lose any gas either :)

Be lucky...a buddie of mine broke his pelvis..well you could say shattered it!!...just getting out of a wheel chair!!...six months later!!

glad to hear u are ok i ddi the same thing at the trails i went to 2 years ago it was all rocks and they were wet i was trying yo go up a steep hill and my tires sliped and i was roling back my hand sliped off the clutch lever the tires cought thhe bike thn fliped over and over i got luckey on that one for my self i only fracter my foot it hurt so bad at least i did not break it my quad i had a welde ball join it cause mine came loose befor and striped the threads so the ball joint broke and luckely i had my spare one i got ebay a week befor i went riding i put it in the truck befor i let the house and i was toed back to the truck putting a arm on and tye rode i barrowed off some ones eles broken bike lol i wnet back to riding with ice pored in my boot and rode for a couple more hours then we left and hde the wounderful 3 hour drive back home i unloaded the bike and got a shower and went to the hospital to get x rays ans by then my foot was a baloon black and blue i was told not to tuch a bike for about 1 month till this goes away i said hell no 1 week later im riginh the same trails again hoping not to do the same thing again

if you dont roll it once in a while you aint riding it ... i have rolled my warrior about 20 times only thing i have ever broken is the clutch lever (about six times) i also have rolled my 4x4 eiger about 9 times that is expensive it doesnt roll as poetic as the warrior

u lucked out there buddy, it could have been a lot worse! when i didn't land a double right, i fucked up my plastics and fractured my hand

like someone said to me, ditch the quad and save yourself. parts are much cheaper and easier to fix than bones. just be thankful that you are alright. now get your **** fixed and conquer that damn hill!!!!!

i got my quad fixed now, bout damn time to. i took the stem to a shop to get it bent back and they said they would just **** it up. so i went home and did what any other quad owner that wanted to ride would do. i beat that mother fucker with a sledge hammer unitl it bent straight. it worked though cant even tell i wrecked it, cept for the plastics neway. right now i dont have lights though that kinda sucks. still workin on getting the light bracket and housing.

but yea when ever i get a chance and its not wet out ill prolly go over and try the hill again. if i dont have new back tires by then ill prolly fly up it in 6th and jump the damn hill if i have to lol.

Back